What's new

Forget Gillette, the Men's Anti Gillette Association

Bill, there are plenty of great options other than Gillette blades. Bic, Lord, Treet, Derby, SuperMax, Feather etc.

Yes I'm aware of that fact. But at least with the Astra blades I don't have the name Gillette staring me in the face.

Thanks to those commercials P&G has lost lot more that just my shaving bis. We've also cut Tide, Dawn, Bounce, Downey, Cascade, and Charmin from our home. Slick move there p&g!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When you stop to think about it for a minute, image how large the profit margin has to be to endlessly advertise their products. There are many competitors out there who make equally good or superior products.

Absolutely. I have not found anything that Gillette makes which performs significantly better than products made by other companies. I have thought for many years that their products were overpriced for their performance. Their recent advertisements further cemented my opinion of the company.

Not in.
I'm more of an Anti-Microsoft guy.

Nevertheless...
My favourite non-Gillette DE razor is an Edwin Jagger DE87, for looks and performance.

I don't think the message in the commercial was bad. It could have been better presented. Any real man should have the guts to step in where there is sexual harassment. At least among his friends.
Well, yeah.

I don't need some faceless company telling me what my values should be or how I should behave and treat others, especially the opposite sex. My parents did that.
Then clearly you should not be put off by "the ad".

Last edited:
How badly will this juvenile feelgood 'boycott' affect P&G's dividend payout to their stockholders?

May as well also put a "No Girlz Allowed" sign on my shave lab, for what good it will do.

I'm not looking to put Gillette out of business, nor have them change their corporate values to align with mine. I just choose not to use their products, because of their corporate values. Sorry if this offends some, or if others have to state that they are "not in", but if you choose, start up your own thread or club extolling the woke values.

How badly will this juvenile feelgood 'boycott' affect P&G's dividend payout to their stockholders?

May as well also put a "No Girlz Allowed" sign on my shave lab, for what good it will do.
How it affects Gillette is irrelevant. Gillette can do as it **** well pleases, just not with my dime.

Here's the thing. When I buy a product, I buy it for how well it does what it is designed to do, and how well it suits my needs. Any companies primary vehicle to showcase how well it's products do what they are designed to do is advertising. When a company, any company decides that it has enough of a lock in a segment that it no longer has to prove it's products value and instead turn to signaling to their consumers not how their products can help them, but rather what the company thinks the consumers values should be, the need to be given reality check.

My choice not to use gillete products predates this campaign by several years. My choice to find alternatives to p&g products is at least partially in response to this campaign. And yes there are some products that I have been unable to find alternates for, so I still buy them. But there are some which don't really have that luxury. Because they have equally good competition in the market place.

There are even a few transportation companies with United in their names that are not my first choice because they think they are the only choice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

After all this, I was only happy to avoid not only Gillette in all it's forms, but P&G as well. I moved to Dove Men for much of my daily shower gels, shampoos and pit sticks. I was worried that I wouldn't have much choice if I did this, but am happy to say that I have no problems finding alternatives that I like as much or better than the Gillette products I had been using. I sold or gave away all my P&G products and nothing from them will be entering my house.

I also fired Gillette and P&G as my suppliers of shaving and household products. Colgate Palmolive and Gillette's many competitors are now my new suppliers. Some of these companies have forgotten who the boss is. We hire and pay them to make household and shaving supplies for us. We do not hire them to virtue signal, lecture, or talk down to us. They forgot who the boss is, did this, and got what was coming.

Yeah Gillette can take a hike...
I’ll still use the vintage razors I enjoy shaving with but will get Personna blades for them. And Rapiras.
Their anti male commercial was pretty bad.

It turns out the P&G is more than anti-male, but it's best not to discuss that here. But that's P&G's problem, not ours. We'll see how many people drop them.

Still looking for an alternative to Old Spice. It seems to have a lotion effect. Tried Aqua Velva last Saturday after using Williams, but had irritation and that didn't give me a good evaluation. Will try again this Saturday. Other than stock I still have on hand, Old Spice is the only P&G product still in our house. Gillette products and Old Spice were the only once in our house, anyway, and Gillette had priced me out except for Foamy before the commercial.

I have just started a bottle of Old Spice aftershave, and I have one tube of Old Spice shave cream to use up. Once they are done, they won't be replaced.

It turns out the P&G is more than anti-male, but it's best not to discuss that here. But that's P&G's problem, not ours. We'll see how many people drop them.

Still looking for an alternative to Old Spice. It seems to have a lotion effect. Tried Aqua Velva last Saturday after using Williams, but had irritation and that didn't give me a good evaluation. Will try again this Saturday. Other than stock I still have on hand, Old Spice is the only P&G product still in our house. Gillette products and Old Spice were the only once in our house, anyway, and Gillette had priced me out except for Foamy before the commercial.
Funny how P&G managed to produce this "manly" Old Spice commercial, about the same time as they went full SJW on their main target group.

Top Bottom