What's new

Forest/Winter Scent

I'm looking for a nice, not too expensive winter scent with a forest/mountain vibe. Not smack-your-face pine but still woodsy and warm with decent silage and longevity. Hopefully under 50$

Any suggestions?

He Wood Rocky Mtn Wood by Dsquared sounds up your alley. I don't have any experience with it personally to give you my thoughts but based on what I have read and the note composition it looks promising.

There is also Pure Wood by A*Men. This I have sampled and while woody it does have vanilla coffee notes that you will definitely pick up so its not a true "Pure Wood" as the name suggests. It has woody notes but its layered with a gourmand feel. Its also a little above what you would like to spend.

Last edited:
Rocky Mountain Wood is not a bad option, but to me it leans more spring/fall with a bit of a violet note that keeps it from being as purely woody.

I will suggest L'Occitane Eau des Baux if you're willing to contend with the underlying sweetness/vanilla, as the cypress in this is just terrific.

Carlo Corinto is an oldie but goodie you may want to consider, too. Definitely for cool weather.

Ill have to check out the Rocky Mountain.
I do have the l'occitane Verdon which I think is decent that I use in the summer. I don't remember seeing the Baux a couple years ago when I got it

IA - Cape Heartache popped into my head because I just wore it yesterday. It's a little outside your price range, but the performance is worth the price of admission. Josh sells samples, so you can try before you buy.

+1 on Cape Heartache,also outside your price point is Slumberhouse Norne,really is like walking in a forrest.I would try to get a sample,Lucky Scent I believe has samples,also from the same house Slumberhouse Ore.

Another thanks for the recommendations - I've been looking for something similar myself. Particularly something kind of like Stirling Ozark Mountain.

Question about IA Cape Heartache - is this something appropriate for the office? I know IA makes a lot of "unsafe", unusual frags, and I'd love to try some of those. However, for this piney, forest vibe I'd really like something office appropriate.

If you go light on the trigger (1 spray),it should be fine.One scent you might be interested in that is in the price range is Pino Silvestre,they make a ASL and a cologne.I myself haven't tried Pino,but it does get a lot of love around here.In fact I've been meaning to try the ASL and Cologne myself.

Chanel Sycomore.

Dry woods. Smoke. Warm sandalwood. Have you ever been to the rocky mountains during early autumn? The air chilled. Leaves starting to brown. Dry outside. Imagine that, but sitting around the most cozy [glorious smelling] campfire, wrapped in a luxurious wool throw. The sandalwood juxtaposed with the vetiver has this effect.

FWIW, I don't know of any other vetiver scent that contains real sandalwood and so masterfully blends it with vetiver. I've tried dozens of other vetivers and Sycomore is no doubt my favourite. It is truly an all season fragrance. However, my favourite time of year to wear it is during fall/winter.

Chanel Sycomore.

Dry woods. Smoke. Warm sandalwood. Have you ever been to the rocky mountains during early autumn? The air chilled. Leaves starting to brown. Dry outside. Imagine that, but sitting around the most cozy [glorious smelling] campfire, wrapped in a luxurious wool throw. The sandalwood juxtaposed with the vetiver has this effect.

FWIW, I don't know of any other vetiver scent that contains real sandalwood and so masterfully blends it with vetiver. I've tried dozens of other vetivers and Sycomore is no doubt my favourite. It is truly an all season fragrance. However, my favourite time of year to wear it is during fall/winter.

That description sounds amazing, definitely going to check that out

Awe the iso e, the most popular additive for purfume in modern times

Holy crap the sycomore is pricey though!

Awe the iso e, the most popular additive for purfume in modern times

Holy crap the sycomore is pricey though!

200ml is $280. That's $140 per 100ml, which is actually very "reasonable" in the "niche" category. Chanel is one of only a few houses who uses real sandalwood (they own a renewable plantation), which is expensive.

It is even a better value considering the prices being asked for "niche" fragrances that don't even come close to Sycomore in quality.

Top Bottom