What's new

For you Nancy Boy shave cream lovers ...

I just e-mailed Eric at Nancy Boy, inquiring about the possibility of creating a few different scents for their shave cream. I love the NB shave cream - incredible stuff. Could you imagine the same stuff, but scented with rose essential oil? :lol: Or lime? :lol: or sandalwood? :lol:

I think they'd have so many orders they wouldn't be able to keep up. Currently, the NB shave cream is by far my favorite and I use it most frequently ... simply an amazing shave cream in performance and quality.

I'll let you guys know what he says ...

- Dave

If they would do the shave cream in their "sweetgrass" scent, I would be all for that!

NB is currently my go-to shave cream, although I have yet to find a shavecream/scent I don't like :biggrin:

Gaelicboy said:
If they would do the shave cream in their "sweetgrass" scent, I would be all for that!

NB is currently my go-to shave cream, although I have yet to find a shavecream/scent I don't like :biggrin:
Now there is a real idea, sweetgrass fragrance, fleeting but delightful. I think I would buy that for sure.

Im almost finished with the travel tub you sent me Ron (I use it that much) and it is my best cream in my rotation....I would love to have another scent...basically I would use nothing but NB just a different scent.

Hey guys,

Here's the response I got from Nancy Boy. Sounds like they've got some other things brewing as well.

"David:

Hi there--nice to hear from you! Yes, we have thought about it and I'm sure will do it one of these days when we get some time and introduce all the other products we've been working on...

Best--

Eric Roos
Co-Founder

Nancy Boy, Inc.
347 Hayes Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
415 552-3802"

Email from Eric at Nancy Boy said:
Hi there--nice to hear from you! Yes, we have thought about it and I'm sure will do it one of these days when we get some time and introduce all the other products we've been working on...

Somewhat of a bittersweet answer! Nancy Boy is my favorite "go to" shave cream right now, above Taylor, Trumper and Harris. The rich luxurious lather is the best I have found and consistently produces irritation free shaves. I am OK with the Signature Scent but some others would be...Oh So Welcome! My actual favorite NB scent is the Tea Rose [in the bath bars], but I would buy their creams in Signature, Sweetgrass and Tea Rose. Beyond those scents, some original scents such as Lavender, Rose and Almond should be best sellers.

I wrote Eric some time ago with the same request to add more scents to the Shave Cream product. I really believe they eventually will, but in the mean time we should let them know just how many wetshavers really love their shave cream. I will be ordering more in a week or so as well as their bath bars and facial wash.

What other creams have you other gents found that compare to the rich, luxurious, wet and lubricating lather of NB?

PottyDoctor said:
Somewhat of a bittersweet answer! Nancy Boy is my favorite "go to" shave cream right now, above Taylor, Trumper and Harris. The rich luxurious lather is the best I have found and consistently produces irritation free shaves. I am OK with the Signature Scent but some others would be...Oh So Welcome! My actual favorite NB scent is the Tea Rose [in the bath bars], but I would buy their creams in Signature, Sweetgrass and Tea Rose. Beyond those scents, some original scents such as Lavender, Rose and Almond should be best sellers.

I wrote Eric some time ago with the same request to add more scents to the Shave Cream product. I really believe they eventually will, but in the mean time we should let them know just how many wetshavers really love their shave cream. I will be ordering more in a week or so as well as their bath bars and facial wash.

What other creams have you other gents found that compare to the rich, luxurious, wet and lubricating lather of NB?

Ron, I feel the same as you on their Signature Scent. It's "OK" ... pleasant enough ... but given a choice, it wouldn't be my first choice. Definately pleasant enough to use every day though.

The Crabtree & Evelyn creams, I feel, are very close to the Nancy Boy cream. If you put the two side by side, they will look a little different as far as consistency. The C&E cream has more of a "whipped" texture/appearance ... NB is very soft and emollient without the "whipped" appearance. C&E is right there with NB when it comes to protecting the skin and providing an irritation free shave. Both C&E and NB are top-notch when it comes to overall performance.

P

PortsmouthDavid

What specifically is it about this product that makes it superior to the three "T's" ??

David

I think Nancy Boy is a little better for your skin. The three "T's" have it all over Nancy Boy though in the scent department.

Top Bottom