What's new

For Toronto Shavers

Greetings all!
I don't know if this has been posted before. L'Occitane en Provence has just opened a store in Sherway Gardens in the west end of Toronto. Didn't stop in as I was determined to get the best badger brush at Crabtree and Evelyn. Which I did and I'm pretty happy with it. have a good weekend everybody.

awesome thanks for this info!
what kind of stuff do you recommend from either place, I've never heard of them!

I've seen Art of Shaving @ Holt Renfrew & Harry Rosen, any other places to get quality stuff? Creams & razors

I walked by it thinking they might have something but I kept walking. Crabtree and Evelyn gave me free samples of the Sienna shave cream which smells good but I haven't tried it yet.

Art of Shaving art of style is also offerd at GSMEN.COM thats the got style store website They are also have a salon which offers get services

Thanks for the info. I like to buy locally as I need to smell scents beforehand. Who knew there were so many places close by?

I believe there's a L'Occitane in Yorkville also, on Bloor Street. I vaguely recall walking past it a few days ago.
T&H have their shop in Scotia Plaza, and I believe they carry brands other than their own stuff as well

uaTO said:
I believe there's a L'Occitane in Yorkville also, on Bloor Street. I vaguely recall walking past it a few days ago.
T&H have their shop in Scotia Plaza, and I believe they carry brands other than their own stuff as well

Yup to both - the T&H shop is very expensive and you will do much better online if you actually want to buy anything.

Some other hidden gems include:

Toronto Beauty and Barber Shop at Bay and Dundas - they carry JM Fraser cream, Booster a/s, some Vulfix and Kent brushes at very good prices, a small selection of Merkur razors, straight shaving gear and some Pinaud products.

Main Drug - a small chain of drugstores in north Toronto (a couple on Yonge north of Eglington) that sells a lot of stuff, including Proraso, Herban Cowboy, New Stock, alum blocks, a small selection of C&E products, Kiss My Face, and a lot of other good stuff - you never know exactly what they will have, but its worth the trip if you're in the area.

Suzuki said:
Main Drug - a small chain of drugstores in north Toronto (a couple on Yonge north of Eglington) that sells a lot of stuff, including Proraso, Herban Cowboy, New Stock, alum blocks, a small selection of C&E products, Kiss My Face, and a lot of other good stuff - you never know exactly what they will have, but its worth the trip if you're in the area.

For other ppl's info I visited the Main Drug about 2blocks north of Eglinton (10min walk?) on Yonge, it was out of proraso, the guy wasn't familiar with the product.

How good are Kiss My Face and C&E compared to Body Shop or AoS, I've seen them in Toronto,
so far I only use Body Shoppe shaving cream and AoS ><;; Body shop is very good, I can't tell the difference from that and Art of Shaving which I bought at Holt Renfrew on Bay+Bloor(oh maybe half the price).

What do you guys in toronto do for shaving cream?! online shopping doubles the price due to shipping.

They have some at the store on Avenue and Wilson (last weekend, anyhow) - I think this is the biggest of their stores and has some KMF and other brands of shaving supplies - also alum blocks for $10.

The KMF gets very good reviews and is worth a try at the price. Main Drug sells it, as does the very good organic/whole food store in Kensington Market. Both the KMF and C&E have been reviewed on this site.

Buy in bulk! Seriously though, if you deal with QED, you will get great prices on a variety of products (Trumper, Taylor, Proraso, Musgo, Baxters and of course his own line of great soaps/lotions/potions and Saville Row brushes). In addition to the fact that Charles is great to deal with (his website stinks) and will help you pick the products most likely to suit you. His shipping is also very reasonable. I just got a package that included a large alum block in a plastic case ($10), some QED skin conditioner ($6.5), a shave stick ($10) and Baxter ASB ($14) - shipping by USPS only cost $5.30 (all prices in $US), which when spread out over the whole purchase isn't too much - especially since I didn't pay tax. I get Charles to send my packages to my office and I have yet to be dinged for duty or taxes.

Highland farms is where I first Saw Proraso. I remember seeing more Kiss my face there too but Loblaws has better selection. Don't overlook Homesense/Winners I have found deals there. I bought my old Gillette DE razors at Dixie Flea Market. There is a 'permanent' Garage sale in a unit near Queensway and Haines Road. I've seen used DE razors in there. The guy who runs it is a bit of an opinionated Hillbilly who thinks he's funny. He'll probably say something ignorant if you buy an old razor from him.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I was in Toronto in August. We were walking up a street and my wife said we should take it to the end. After some time, we turned back. We later learned that we were on Yonge Street, the longest street in the world!:scared:

Top Bottom