What's new

For those with itchy scalps!

Try this: use Musgo Real as a shampoo. Wonderful! Use conditioner though.

My scalp drops large flakes whenever I massage it. Hair always looks great and flakes never show on top, but I drop oodles of them with the gentlest massage.

After reading some advice from HBS Sue finally decided to NEVER use anything with Sodium L* sulfate in it -- and all my shampoos had it! Then read a thread on using jojoba on hair and noticed Musgo had jojoba and witch hazel.

Flakes stopped immediately, as did itching. It is now two days later. My hair's never felt better. Looks, if possible, better (less flyaway).

w000000t!! :jump:

Now I'm convinced of the big conspiracy between lauryl sulfate producers, shampoo, bodywash makers, and lotion, conditioner makers. Oh wait, they're the same people :mad:

Didn't like Musgo as a shave cream though :confused:

I think you've found a new niche - using vintage products on completely different parts of the body! Hrmmm... what else? Shaving cream as toothpaste? Razor as toothbrush? (Shave away that plaque!) :tongue:

That said - shaving cream is very moisturizing to the beard and face, so I'm not surprised that it works well as shampoo. I wonder if Musgo Real's lanolin can thicken or even gum up your hair?

tjkirch said:
I think you've found a new niche - using vintage products on completely different parts of the body! Hrmmm... what else? Shaving cream as toothpaste? Razor as toothbrush? (Shave away that plaque!) :tongue:

Sshhh! Gillette might hear you, and then we'd have the vibrating razor toothbrush!! With 10$ cartridges that mix 6 blades, three bristle types, and a french tickler!

Yeah, I'm taking old school to the max. Before you know it I'll be bathing in the dead sea, shaving using oyster shells, and exercising by building an ark from scratch :laugh: (But before that I'll be changing my nick to new-niche-hel)

tjkirch said:
That said - shaving cream is very moisturizing to the beard and face, so I'm not surprised that it works well as shampoo. I wonder if Musgo Real's lanolin can thicken or even gum up your hair?

My main concern was avoiding Sodium Lauryl sulfate, but I was also concerned about it gumming up hair follicles. This doesn't make it clear if it does, though. It's definitely made hair more manageable and it doesn't blow around in the wind so much, plus its a nice glossy look, not too shiny.

I had a problem with dandruff, tried everything from head and shoulders to t/gel and denorex.....Until I found the Scalp Therapy serum from Aveda. This stuff is a miracle, they also make a scalp therapy shampoo and conditioner. I have not had a problem with dandruff since. no itching or any flakes whatsoever. And I've been using this stuff for almost 2yrs. now.

Top Bottom