What's new

For those who have beards, advice needed!

So I've always had facial hair, and I always will. I've had a very trimmed full beard for a bit of time now, and I know how to place a proper neckline. However, I cannot figure out how to start an ATG pass without cutting myself at the neckline I have placed. The hair on my neck grows upwards, so the ATG pass starts the the neckline. Does anyone have any advice on how to start an ATG pass at a neckline?

Last edited:
I have a beard also but I don't do an ATG pass. I normally do one WTG and one XTG and that's it. ATG passes have always provided me with irritation and ingrown hairs, so I don't do them. I can get BBS without doing ATG. Maybe I'm just lucky though. good luck finding your answer.

I, too have a full beard.

On my neck, I usually do three to four passes. I always start each pass by gently setting the razor blade at the beard line and then stroke downwards. My first pass is all north to south. On my second pass, I still start at the beard line and stroke downwards, but only slightly. I then go to the bottom and stroke upwards all the way to the end of the lather, just below the beard line. So, the second pass is largely south to north. For my third and fourth passes, I do a short stroke south from the beard line, then I go sideways, across my neck, from right to left, which is largely against the grain.

I also wear a beard. Tough luck with the direction of your beard growth--makes things kinda hard :/ I'd try what JeffOlson does. OR, try a straight ;) I recently switched to SR shaving, and it's a little easier to get my neckline squared away. Might be a little drastic just to get an ATG pass on your neckline though...

Best of luck to you sir.

Scott

Top Bottom