What's new

For those that are bald, what shampoo do you use?

I shaved my head bald ever since it started thinning.

The only shampoo I use is Head & Shoulder, I would like to try something different.
Do you have a product you use that has been kind to your bald head?

Used Pinaud Country Club for years. It’s a big bottle, nice scent and you need only a tiny bit for the stubble. Still you can use two products in the shower instead of one :)

Being totally extravagant I currently also use a dedicated beard shampoo. Is it necessary? Most probably not but if it would be only about necessities we wouldn’t be on B&B :c1:

If Head & Shoulders is for a skin problem, Psoriacin or Neutrogena T-Gel might be a nice change yet still effective. I used to switch back and forth between these years ago when my scalp acted up. Now my less-than-loved shaving soaps are in the shower.

For my bald head and my face, I use very Man Jack Orange. I switched to using that soap because every shampoo I tried had too much oil which caused bad acne on the back of my neck. Every Man Jack is great at removing excess skin oil and that eliminated the bad acne on the back of my neck.
After the shower, I mousterize with Gold Bond's ultimate men's essentials lotion. It doesn't leave the skin all greasy like most other lotions do. It's kinda medicated so it's cold.

Can't even remember when I last used shampoo. Even before I started shaving my head I just used ordinary soap to wash my hair. We don't need special soap for our toes. Or knees. Why do we need it for hair?

I found the best is:

91RMxRhacHL.jpg

2nd best is :

CT4OZ_3.jpg

I use Proraso beard scrub and Proraso beard wash on my beard and head almost every day. The scrub works great to exfoliate my scalp before a head shave. Then sometimes I’ll wash the dome with whatever bar soap I’m using for the rest of my body (currently Stirling Bay Rum).

If Head & Shoulders is for a skin problem, Psoriacin or Neutrogena T-Gel might be a nice change yet still effective. I used to switch back and forth between these years ago when my scalp acted up. Now my less-than-loved shaving soaps are in the shower.
I second TGel, been using it for 15+ years. Stopped my head pimples. I do add tea tree oil to it.

Top Bottom