What's new

For those seeking to buy a Wolfman...

I have all of those. I’ll see what I can do. Give me a few days, as I don’t want to give you feedback until I’ve dialed it in a bit...

awesome thanks and no rush at all mate.. take your time as i haven't been asked to finalize my decision at this stage and considering it will be my one and only wolfie would love to make the perfect choice.

Just so you know my thoughts and preferences to the razors mentioned....

The R41 is a very efficient razor with plenty of blade feel but with a light touch and the right blade i can shave with this daily.

The Timeless 0.95 SB SS is extremely smooth, with no blade feel but still quite efficient, not as efficient as the R41 or JAWS but not far off either.

The RR JAWS to me has a blade feel between both the R41 and Timeless, it has some but still very smooth. The efficiency of the JAWS is pretty much on par with the R41 maybe a touch less.

My favorite out of all three would be the JAWS, due to its slimmer head and weight but i do like all three and they all get used and have a place in my den.

My
awesome thanks and no rush at all mate.. take your time as i haven't been asked to finalize my decision at this stage and considering it will be my one and only wolfie would love to make the perfect choice.

Just so you know my thoughts and preferences to the razors mentioned....

The R41 is a very efficient razor with plenty of blade feel but with a light touch and the right blade i can shave with this daily.

The Timeless 0.95 SB SS is extremely smooth, with no blade feel but still quite efficient, not as efficient as the R41 or JAWS but not far off either.

The RR JAWS to me has a blade feel between both the R41 and Timeless, it has some but still very smooth. The efficiency of the JAWS is pretty much on par with the R41 maybe a touch less.

My favorite out of all three would be the JAWS, due to its slimmer head and weight but i do like all three and they all get used and have a place in my den.

My perspective is similar. Is your R41 the modern version or the 2011 version? I only use the 2011, which is more efficient than the Timeless .95 OC stainless (I don’t have the SB version), and slightly more efficient than the Jaws.

I put the Jaws in the same category as the Paradigm 17-4, Asylum Evolution Model T and Rocnel 2019 Elite Aggressive, all of which are much more expensive than the Jaws. The Jaws (and the Game Changer .84 OC) are tremendous values, in the same category for me as the Fatip piccolo (the older version) and the Karve F plate open comb.

My

My perspective is similar. Is your R41 the modern version or the 2011 version? I only use the 2011, which is more efficient than the Timeless .95 OC stainless (I don’t have the SB version), and slightly more efficient than the Jaws.

I put the Jaws in the same category as the Paradigm 17-4, Asylum Evolution Model T and Rocnel 2019 Elite Aggressive, all of which are much more expensive than the Jaws. The Jaws (and the Game Changer .84 OC) are tremendous values, in the same category for me as the Fatip piccolo (the older version) and the Karve F plate open comb.

I have the modern version of the R41, which from my understanding is milder than the old pre 2011.

From what i have read there isnt a lot of difference in efficiency and feel from the Timeless 0.95 SB and OC, the OC has a little more blade feel and efficient, but yeah just from what i have read.

Do you find much difference from the JAWS to the OC version? The RR JAWS is in my opinion the best value for money razor out there, smooth, efficient and SS.

But a wolfie is a wolfie and just got to have one now that they are available. My current configuration of choice is WR2-OC head with a blade gap of 1.15 and the WRH2 handle hollowed out.

I am not sure on the gap, and think a 1.25 may be better suited for me, also not 100% sure if i should go OC or SB

I have the modern version of the R41, which from my understanding is milder than the old pre 2011.

From what i have read there isnt a lot of difference in efficiency and feel from the Timeless 0.95 SB and OC, the OC has a little more blade feel and efficient, but yeah just from what i have read.

Do you find much difference from the JAWS to the OC version? The RR JAWS is in my opinion the best value for money razor out there, smooth, efficient and SS.

But a wolfie is a wolfie and just got to have one now that they are available. My current configuration of choice is WR2-OC head with a blade gap of 1.15 and the WRH2 handle hollowed out.

I am not sure on the gap, and think a 1.25 may be better suited for me, also not 100% sure if i should go OC or SB
Go dual! It's incredible that wolfs are offered in dual with the ability to specify different gaps per side.

i was thinking that but there is something about having a wolfie with perfect symmetry

One of my many quirks is that whenever there's a choice, I choose open comb over straight bar. I love the fearsome look of teeth, over the look of a closed-lip smirk. :) I also don't buy into the theory that OCs are more aggressive than SBs; the Ikon Shavecraft Craft is my most aggressive razor, and it's an SB.

Personally, I don't find much difference between the Jaws and the OC .84. The Jaws is a bit better for me, but they're both tremendous values in efficiency.

One of my many quirks is that whenever there's a choice, I choose open comb over straight bar. I love the fearsome look of teeth, over the look of a closed-lip smirk. :) I also don't buy into the theory that OCs are more aggressive than SBs; the Ikon Shavecraft Craft is my most aggressive razor, and it's an SB.

Personally, I don't find much difference between the Jaws and the OC .84. The Jaws is a bit better for me, but they're both tremendous values in efficiency.

This is exactly why i like Open Combs and specifically why i chose the JAWS over the OC. The JAWS is named appropriately, i remember feeling a little concerned on my first shave once saw it loaded with a blade

Anyone else get their orders or any update yet? I am impatiently waiting for the email. I placed my order on the 8th at 1 AM and received an automated reply on the 21st. I'm hoping the confirmation will follow soon!

Anyone else get their orders or any update yet? I am impatiently waiting for the email. I placed my order on the 8th at 1 AM and received an automated reply on the 21st. I'm hoping the confirmation will follow soon!
I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but this "waiting list" could take years, literally. I have to believe there are a couple hundred names ahead of you if you signed up on the 8th. Prior to this experiment with Google Forms, James at Wolfman was cranking out 15-20 razors a month. Maybe he has a plan to ramp up production? Who knows. Just enjoy whatever else is going on in your life until your ship comes in.

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but this "waiting list" could take years, literally. I have to believe there are a couple hundred names ahead of you if you signed up on the 8th. Prior to this experiment with Google Forms, James at Wolfman was cranking out 15-20 razors a month. Maybe he has a plan to ramp up production? Who knows. Just enjoy whatever else is going on in your life until your ship comes in.
Yeah your probably right lol but this is the first opportunity I have had to get in on purchasing one so I am happy about that. Maybe I'll forget about it til one day I get the email but hopefully that's somewhat soon.

As the OP of this thread, it's likely my fault, but this thread would be much more useful in the DE razor category, rather than "Shopping and Deals." Other forums have much more chatter over this topic, as the comparable threads are not buried in an unrelated section. I mention this in my effort just trying to help others gain access to the elusive Wolfman razor...

As the OP of this thread, it's likely my fault, but this thread would be much more useful in the DE razor category, rather than "Shopping and Deals." Other forums have much more chatter over this topic, as the comparable threads are not buried in an unrelated section. I mention this in my effort just trying to help others gain access to the elusive Wolfman razor...

I totally agree with this. Eventually, this will get buried.

I got mine today...Mirror polished WR2 1.15SB w/WRH1/2 (hollow)

IMG_9571.jpg

Im amazed the link to the form is still 'live'...I would've thought he must have received
3 years' worth of orders by now.

Very interesting handle. I like it a lot. Was this a special request/additional charge?

Congrats on the beautiful new Wolfman!

It was a special request but no extra charge.

I submitted another order a short while after this arrived. We’ll see how long it takes!

I submitted another order a short while after this arrived. We’ll see how long it takes!

Not an accurate estimate by any means....my order was processed in the beginning of
September....and I just spoke to someone who's order was processed yesterday.
After comparing some data, it seems that the monthly output hovers somewhere between
maybe 20-25 razors (this could fluctuate at any given time, depending on finishes requested).

If he received 300 orders (very plausible, although it could well be more, we'll never know)
then it would take a year before they are completed.

I see this as a logical tactic by him to naturally space out the number of razors one
person can buy and give others a chance to get in. It's also a very smart way to soak up the demand
as there are two pretty highly regarded razors about to make their debut in the next few months.

Bottom line is more people are going to get their hands on one eventually, so that's a good thing.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Very interesting handle. I like it a lot. Was this a special request/additional charge?

Congrats on the beautiful new Wolfman!

+2 I like that one - when he did my first one (2015) he was extremely easy to work with. I had a Ti WR2 cut to 3", with the spin of the knurling reversed, just to give it some pizazz.

+2 I like that one - when he did my first one (2015) he was extremely easy to work with. I had a Ti WR2 cut to 3", with the spin of the knurling reversed, just to give it some pizazz.

That is very interesting. Just today, I was wondering if it would be possible to change the direction of the knurling. I guess so.

Top Bottom