What's new

For those seeking to buy a Wolfman...

I received a reply to my submission on Monday. I mulled over my choices for a day, replied on Tuesday night, and received an invoice yesterday morning. I’m pretty sure I was one of the first to submit an order on the form, so it looks like it’s going in order.

I received a reply to my submission on Monday. I mulled over my choices for a day, replied on Tuesday night, and received an invoice yesterday morning. I’m pretty sure I was one of the first to submit an order on the form, so it looks like it’s going in order.
Nice! What did you decide on? When my name comes up I intend to order a dual comb, but I don't really know what gaps to specify.

The latest from his site:

Sept 19 2019

Scheduling is still being considered. The order form seems to be working well and email replies will start to be sent out for each order submitted.

Updates to appear here once available.​

I understood that you would nail it all down once you get near the top of the list.
Yes. James made it clear that details can be adjusted before finalizing, once our name comes up for invoice. I chose a random gap. 1.1 I think, or something like that. I hope to specify a different gap for each side of a dual comb. If anyone owns a Wolfman and would be willing to discuss gaps with me, please PM me. I'm getting quite comfortable with fairly aggressive razors, but don't know anything about Wolfman gaps in comparison.

The latest from his site:

Sept 19 2019

Scheduling is still being considered. The order form seems to be working well and email replies will start to be sent out for each order submitted.

Updates to appear here once available.​
When I first filled up the form on the first day it was available, I did get an acknowledgement immediately (but no invoice). Today I received a second automated reply acknowledging my order (but still no invoice) so I guess I am still somewhere in the loop. Just my luck, I will probably be sent an invoice during the two weeks I will be on vacation where I cannot send payment over the internet.

You need to reply to that second email to get an invoice. I don't think you'll get one until you confirm (or change) your order details.

When I first filled up the form on the first day it was available, I did get an acknowledgement immediately (but no invoice). Today I received a second automated reply acknowledging my order (but still no invoice) so I guess I am still somewhere in the loop. Just my luck, I will probably be sent an invoice during the two weeks I will be on vacation where I cannot send payment over the internet.

I find myself in the same boat. Got my acknowledgement and recap of my order today. Waiting for the e-mail requesting certification. Just confirmed that my resort in Cuba has wifi, so I should be able to check in and be sure. Also plan to advise that my travel "could impact a prompt response to an invoice.

You need to reply to that second email to get an invoice. I don't think you'll get one until you confirm (or change) your order details.
I think my first acknowledgement was to test the system and this second almost identical one was an automatic system generated one. This second one said on the bottom:

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. You will be contacted again to confirm
these details. (Changes can be made if needed)

So I am still awaiting that final one confirming or changing the order details.

I think my first acknowledgement was to test the system and this second almost identical one was an automatic system generated one. This second one said on the bottom:

Ah ok. Forget what I said then. I only got one confirmation of my form submission, and that was immediately after submitting the form.

To be clear, are people receiving an invoice to pay when it’s their turn for the razor to be made? Or is payment to be made now with shipping potentially taking several months depending on backlog?

I received that same notice today. No invoice yet

It works. I also got a second letter. I ordered the simplest processing, maybe it 's faster and easier so I can surprise myself.

To be clear, are people receiving an invoice to pay when it’s their turn for the razor to be made? Or is payment to be made now with shipping potentially taking several months depending on backlog?

No, you don't pay when you put your name on the list. Only when your name comes up and your razor is being manufactured.

This is my understanding from what others have experienced so far. Apparently when it gets close, you get a notice that your order has been received. Then a short time later, you get an email requesting any changes and final approval. At this point, you can approve what you ordered initially or make changes. Once finalized, then you get a final invoice that you actually pay via PayPal. Shortly after you pay your invoice your razor is made and shipped. So you don't pay until your item is actually being made which generally happens not too long (maybe a few weeks at most) before you take possession of it.

Top Bottom