What's new

For those seeking to buy a Wolfman...

By reading the post on the Wolfman site, James should have the ability to turn off the Google form...

Testing a new Google form for receiving orders by email.

(Form may be open or closed depending on number of entries)

He may have snoozed on turning off the order link!

My guess is this is a move to organize orders and have more continuous production. For the drops, you get say 15 orders in, all of varying heads, gaps, handles, with options and requested modifications. My guess per drop, there are probably 10-15 unique geometries ordered.

I remember a comment that the machines aren't always running while he's finishing. With the google docs method and say 300 orders, he could potentially see that the needs are 250 WR2 heads, 50 WR1 heads and so many of each handle. Perhaps allowing him to machine more razors while he's finishing them. With the new finish options, I feel most people will go for the basic polished or basic matte and not pay the premium. This might give him the vision ahead to be more efficient, as opposed to a wait list at one customer at a time, or the 15 razors per drop, and would have to reduce his time dealing with the chaos of each drop.

This is all my own opinion and I have no real clue what the driver for the google form is.

If he's making 15 razors every 3 weeks then that's about 260 razors per year. I'm sure he's way over that number in orders already. Maybe the new lesser finishes will help but even then if he's able to make twice as many he's likely still taken over a years worth of orders already.
Those Basic finish options don't look
Like they require the same level of craftsmanship as the mirror finishes
As a matter of fact If I was running
The show I'd delegate the Basic finish
Job To the most amateur cheapest
Guys on the payroll and I'd let the
Underlings do 90% of a razor and put
The expertise on the last 10% of a
Basic finish job.

By reading the post on the Wolfman site, James should have the ability to turn off the Google form...

Testing a new Google form for receiving orders by email.

(Form may be open or closed depending on number of entries)

He may have snoozed on turning off the order link!
I agree. It seems that he can turn off the order form anytime he wishes. If I'm in the queue then it's more than I've ever been able to get before

1.55 is kinda small when compared to
The Merkur Futur

Of course, blade gap is just one measure of a razor's "aggressiveness," or "blade-forwardness." (I much prefer the latter term.) But given what I've read from @Dragonsbeard's reviews, the 1.35 SB is the real thing, comparable to the Ikon Shavecraft Tech, the most aggressive razor in my den. The 1.35 W2 OC I ordered should fit the bill.

I don't have a Futur, but I have a Rex that I enjoy. I've never used it at any setting except the maximum, 6.5.

This is all my own opinion and I have no real clue what the driver for the google form is.

I see. So maybe this is not how future orders are placed so much as it's a way to deal with manual orders.

That's how I originally interpreted it as well. Once he invites you to place your order, the form
is just a way to capture the details in a standardised format. But he's obviously testing other approaches.

That's how I originally interpreted it as well. Once he invites you to place your order, the form
is just a way to capture the details in a standardised format. But he's obviously testing other approaches.

I guess we were wrong. Looks like it's the beginning of a new waitlist.

I am glad I got my order in before this new one year system.

Yeah no kidding. I’m glad I got a Ti 1.05 recently, which has become my ultimate daily driver. It would be be nice to get another razor or two but, at this point, I’m fine with what I have.

I wonder if this waitlist will follow the order of the submissions? I think I was among one of the first to submit an order (before these posts appeared on the forums). We’ll see...

I wonder if this waitlist will follow the order of the submissions? I think I was among one of the first to submit an order (before these posts appeared on the forums). We’ll see...

I gotta assume he will be doing some background checks on the submissions that come up whenever he's ready to fulfil some orders. Going by what he's said in the past, I would imagine that first timers get first preference.
But I know how dangerous it is to assume anything in this case hehehe.

This was on his site yesterday:

Sept 9 2019 Update: Most orders submitted will be fulfilled (multiples not permitted), but this will take approximately one year. Production planning is currently in progress, and updates will appear here in the coming days.

Notes:

- The purpose of this order form is to avoid missed/buried email requests, and to improve the ordering process. Details from the form go to a spreadsheet automatically.

- The details submitted are to be considered as reference only. Customers will be contacted and the details will be confirmed before the order is made. Changes can still be made at that time.

- Once the new system (Google forms / sheets / docs) is set up properly, emails will be sent out with a summary of the order and a time estimate for when to expect the order to be made. (Please email if you are an expert with these Google products and would like to help with technical issues)

- Limit of one order per customer until further notice. For those wanting a second order, please wait until you have received your first order before submitting again.

- During the process of fulfilling these orders, the website may also occasionally be stocked with limited quantities.

More updates to follow.​

Hope you're right. I'm glad to be on a waitlist and could really care less how long it takes if I know my name is in order on his list.

absolutely.. not to mention that the longer the better when it comes time to tell the missus i bought another razor

absolutely.. not to mention that the longer the better when it comes time to tell the missus i bought another razor
Yeah! I've bought two BST razors this month. A six month wait would be about right. Being on a list saves me from the thoughts that I had of either offering up some of my own unobtanium for a trade or paying a higher price on the used market.

@FarmerTan yeah mate.. cant **** off the minister of finance too much :302:

@Leverspro

that is something i would never do.. $1400+ for a razor is crazy, unless its made of solid 24K gold

I am just happy i have more than a chance of getting my own wolfie.. i did sign up late though, prob 3 days too late but i dont mind waiting 18 months for one as i have a awesome line up im more than happy with atm.

I’m signed up! I’m guessing 18 months but am happy to wait and happy to simply know I have a shot some day. The previous random website drop system wasn’t conducive to my busy lifestyle.

Top Bottom