What's new

For those seeking to buy a Wolfman...

According to tracking, my WR2 arrived at my office about 15 minutes ago.

From placing the order to receipt of the razor--15 days. Amazing.

Does anyone has photos of the Wolfman in the Polished Basic Finish or the Brushed Basic? I am trying to see if they are worth getting compared to the more expensive finishes.

Basic Polish (not my pic):

NyXhBMq.jpg

Basic Matt (not my pic):

wkdyJZZ.jpg

Both look very respectable IMO...as they should for 400-450 CAD

I hope you drove, took a train or boat, or ran to the office to get that razor!

Ha! I'm a student of habit, and have two more shaves on the current blade residing in my WR1 .74 OC. I'm going to use it tomorrow and Monday, go to the office Monday morning, and stare at my new acquisition while I should be working...

I'm pleased to be enjoying my WR1 .74 OC. I've had it for well over four years, bought directly from James, but until recently, I couldn't figure out how to get a close shave with it. A few weeks ago I brought the WR1 home from the office, where I'd been storing it for a year or two until I got off my butt to sell it. I brought it home so I could give it one more try.

When I used it a couple of weeks ago, I found the juju. Sure, it's not got much blade feel, and requires a lot of buffing, but if I work at it, I can get a tremendous shave. And it's risk-free on my face, without fear. I'm keeping it.

Given my affection for blade-forward razors (e.g., Charcoal Goods L3 OC, R41 2011, Ikon Shavecraft Tech, etc.), I happened to email James at Wolfman on September 6, following a particularly great shave with the WR1 .74 OC. I told him about my epiphany with the WR1 .74, and that I'd like to up my game with another more "aggressive" Wolfman. I made it clear that I wanted no favors, but that I'd love to hear about the best path for buying a more blade-forward razor. After all, I've been watching about the frustrations of accessing the Wolfman distribution channel for several years, like many of the rest of you.

His response (he's always been responsive) was to tell me about the new email order form explained on his website. It was pure serendipity that I emailed him on the 6th (or the 5th?), right after he set up the new ordering system.

I've always enjoyed my interactions with James. I've now purchased two razors from him, but I've emailed him several times, usually in response to criticisms on the forums. My message is always a variation of "don't let the bastards get you down," in a supportive way (I hope). He makes a great product, by himself, and is running a fairly complex business, by himself. I'm pleased to see the forums treating him with more respect than they (not you) used to!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I put in an order. What the heck. :) How is the WR2 Dual comb head? I've always passed on dual comb heads in the past. But this one looks too cool.

I put in an order. What the heck. :) How is the WR2 Dual comb head? I've always passed on dual comb heads in the past. But this one looks too cool.

I ordered the Dual Comb too. I plan to get and aggressive gap on the solid bar side and a bit less aggressive gap on the open comb side.

Also after seeing the pics above I’m going to switch from the basic mirror polish to the basic brushed

Can anyone give comparisons on the blade gaps?

for example: what would a Wolfman gap be compared to a Rockwell 6S or Timeless .95?

thanks

78BC397F-232D-4ED6-9BE4-DD74B5ABA380.jpeg
35D8A573-66F8-48D7-BF5E-A5DF39257B8D.jpeg
I found my new WR2 1.35 OC sitting on my chair when I arrived at the office today. It’s truly magnificent, without any flaws I can see, and SHINY. I went with the basic shiny version and, boy howdy, is it shiny! I encourage all y’all to think twice before spending the money for the EVEN MORE shiny version.

My other Wolfman is a brushed WR1 .74 OC, which is also perfect, but not as shiny, by a long shot.

View attachment 1019488 View attachment 1019489 I found my new WR2 1.35 OC sitting on my chair when I arrived at the office today. It’s truly magnificent, without any flaws I can see, and SHINY. I went with the basic shiny version and, boy howdy, is it shiny! I encourage all y’all to think twice before spending the money for the EVEN MORE shiny version.

My other Wolfman is a brushed WR1 .74 OC, which is also perfect, but not as shiny, by a long shot.
Congrats!

Congrats!

Thanks, Jim! I’m excited to give it a spin.

It’s hard to believe that when I ordered my .74 OC WR1 over four years ago, the .74 blade gap was the most “aggressive” of his standard razors. I’ve not used it much until recently, as I wasn’t able to achieve the efficiency I wanted. My technique has improved, however, and I’m now able to get a nice shave with the .74 (though blade feel, which I enjoy, is lacking). I’m hoping the 1.35 OC WR2 will be as blade forward as my Blackbird OC, R41 2011, Ikon Tech and Charcoal Goods Level 3 OC.

View attachment 1019488 View attachment 1019489 I found my new WR2 1.35 OC sitting on my chair when I arrived at the office today. It’s truly magnificent, without any flaws I can see, and SHINY. I went with the basic shiny version and, boy howdy, is it shiny! I encourage all y’all to think twice before spending the money for the EVEN MORE shiny version.

Congratulations mate!!! fantastic looking razor.. would be great to hear your opinion on the blade gap in comparison to other razors when you get the chance.. in particular against the R41 and/or Timeless 0.95 / RR JAWS if you have those

Congratulations mate!!! fantastic looking razor.. would be great to hear your opinion on the blade gap in comparison to other razors when you get the chance.. in particular against the R41 and/or Timeless 0.95 / RR JAWS if you have those

I have all of those. I’ll see what I can do. Give me a few days, as I don’t want to give you feedback until I’ve dialed it in a bit...

Top Bottom