What's new

For those of you who quit

Hello gentlemen, I use to smoke a pack and a half of Newport 100's menthol a day... I smoked since I was 14 until this year when I turned 21. I got an ecig when I turned 19, and went from 24mg to 16mg and then to 8mg over the next two years.

Five months ago my Ecig busted and my local vapeshop changed their warrenty policy since my last purchase. Pretty upset I decided to buy online and save $$$, I decided to wait 3 days until payday so I could treat myself to something nice!

3 days later I was looking at ecigs and suddenly it hit me: WHERE WERE MY WITHRAWLS!!!! I had tried to quit nicotine dozens of times with the same results: shaking, headaches, moodiness, pain, constipation, sweats, hunger, everything was GONE!!!

I guess vaping for a few years helped me get over my addiction to other items in cigarettes and eventually to nicotine itself.

The best part is I can enjoy a nice cigar, try a nice vape or hookah, or even have a ciggarett every 3 or 4 months on a random occasion and be fine. It feels nice to not be addicted and contantly need something during the day.

Thought I would share thanks!

Anyone else quit smoking using ecigs?

Congrats to all the quitters. I don't smoke, but the whole idea of bans makes me sick.It is a big attack on our basic freedoms. If people want to smoke in a bar or restaurant, I say let'em. I'll go to a non-smoking place and the market can determine if smoking is OK or not. Smoking workers could work in a smoking bar.

I never smoked cigs but I'm one of the odd types that can just quit cold turkey with no issues. I've smoked hookah, enjoy the occasional cigar, and pack a lip during hunting season. Over the summer I was smoking 2 cigars a week when I realized "Hey this probably isn't good for you". I scaled it back completely and maybe all of the fall I only had 2-3 over a 3 month period. The packing lip is a new thing which I seem to limit pretty well also. I usually only do it to and from the hunting grounds on my 45min-2 hour drive.

I guess everyone is different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried dipping once to quit the cigs, and found it was more addictive than the cigs. The nic rush was awesome as I remember. I quit the cigs three years ago. Started smoking the pipe and cigars about six months ago. Fortunately I have no urge to pick up the butts again.

I tried dipping once to quit the cigs, and found it was more addictive than the cigs. The nic rush was awesome as I remember. I quit the cigs three years ago. Started smoking the pipe and cigars about six months ago. Fortunately I have no urge to pick up the butts again.

I smoked and dipped in high school and college. I never get a craving for a cig, but I'll still get cravings for dip out of the blue.

Good for you: or some reason I am one of those odd ducks who can use tobacco and put it down not pick it up for 6 months with no ill effects. I have not used hardly any in the past 5 years and I am just now dusting off my College Pipe but I suffered sticker shock at the store.

Dip can give you a heavy hit/rush. Hookah and cigars are known to be potent but dip far surpasses them. I didn't really experience a true rush until I dipped the first time.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Good for you- cigarettes are an expensive habit. I smoked them for far too long. I think the big difference between cigs and e cigs is that with e cigs you just take what you need, where most people tend to smoke an entire cigarette once it is lit up. That and the ability to lessen the nicotine levels in the juice helps, too.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I guess dipping didn't latch on with me, as you always had to have something to spit into. It kind of grosses me out. About the only time I do it is if I am fishing or pheasant hunting, both of which I haven't done in far too long. It doesn't do to be smoking in dried out corn fields.

Dip can give you a heavy hit/rush. Hookah and cigars are known to be potent but dip far surpasses them. I didn't really experience a true rush until I dipped the first time.

You should try smoking dokha! A nicotine rush so big that you have a hard time keeping your eyes open and your head up straight.

I switched from a pack and a half a day of menthol cigarettes a day to vaping Want2Vape's Mystical Menthol back in Feb. I haven't had a single craving for a cigarette ever since. I also feel a hundred times better.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
End of March this year, after smoking for 30+ years. I feel so much better. My Nicotine is 1mg, I tried 0 but don't like the taste of the juice.

I quit smoking after almost 30 years of a pack a day newport 100's ( started with Kools in the 80's) using vapes. That was 2 1/2 years ago . Now I find that I have batteries and no urge to use them . No mods or anything just the batteries and tanks , coils and all that . What to do with it ?

End of March this year, after smoking for 30+ years. I feel so much better. My Nicotine is 1mg, I tried 0 but don't like the taste of the juice.
Congratulations!

I usually vape zero nicotine. Occasionally 6mg, but then I won't inhale. Definitely keep looking for something you like. There are so many good juice makers these days.

Top Bottom