What's new

For the moron who has everything

Just when you thought that the $250 aftermarket Fusion handle was the single most pointless and assinine thing ever, imagine teaming it up with this A new low in the world of shaving:confused:
Who in the hell would even need this? If you can't keep track of how long you have been using a blade, then you should not be trusted with sharp implements.

AJS said:
Just when you thought that the $250 aftermarket Fusion handle was the single most pointless and assinine thing ever, imagine teaming it up with this A new low in the world of shaving:confused:
Who in the hell would even need this? If you can't keep track of how long you have been using a blade, then you should not be trusted with sharp implements.

Well for the average joe.... I can't see how super this would be, and doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. For guys like me however, with 10+ razors, sometimes it is a major pain in the rear to remember how many shaves you have on a DE blade.... now considering those things are like $10 a pop, and I am dealing with mighty inexpensive DE blades, it still makes it a rather silly acquisition.... but I suppose so is having 10+ razors :biggrin:

Yes, but it is only $20+S/H for the shave station, a dopp kit, and a month's supply of shave cream (likely providing little to no lubrication, but hey!). Okay, I'll pass.

how does this work?

I don't remember how many times I've shaved with a razor, I just toss it when I feel its right or when it feels dull

joel said:
Well for the average joe.... I can't see how super this would be, and doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. For guys like me however, with 10+ razors, sometimes it is a major pain in the rear to remember how many shaves you have on a DE blade.... now considering those things are like $10 a pop, and I am dealing with mighty inexpensive DE blades, it still makes it a rather silly acquisition.... but I suppose so is having 10+ razors :biggrin:

Joel, maybe You should start tracking razor and blade usage with RFID technology :lol:

TraderJoe said:
Joel, maybe You should start tracking razor and blade usage with RFID technology :lol:
Or he can use the older proven technology , after each shave he can just make
a notch on the blade using a file :lol:
This works even better for straights.

Well, for free, my "It's Sunday, time for a new blade" works exceptionally well. Never needs batteries, doesn't run on electricity. Just the day of the week.

Randy

Every Sunday morning I put in a new blade and I'm good for the week. I change the blade on Sunday, if it needs it or not. If I switch razors during the week, which I sometimes do, I will use the same blade. I seldom shave twice in one day but if we are going out to dinner or something special I may put an extra shave or two on the same blade. I use Feathers 99% of the time and have no problem with the once a week change schedule.

When I change blades, I always take my old blades out at the end of a shave so that I can clean my razor a little between blades and I put a new one in at the beginning of the next shave (for example, I took my blade out today and will put a new one in tomorrow morning)... and so far I haven't found any blade that will last for more than 2 shaves so it is easy for me... if I didn't put the blade in at the beginning of the shave that I just completed, then it is time to take it out.

Top Bottom