What's new

For Sale: Eight Shaving Brush Sets and One Large Scuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning the process of permanently relocating and need to cull some of my rather large herd of shaving brushes before moving on. So what I have for sale here are eight shaving-brush sets, meaning that they are to be sold as a group, not individually. Also for sale is a large scuttle. If interested, please contact me via PM so that we can exchange PayPal co-ordinates. Upon receipt of payment, I will try to send things off within 2-3 business days (USPS Priority, CONUS) . All measurements, as given, are approximate. Brush dimensions were taken with a caliper: base of the knot where it leaves the handle x top of the loft at the crown as measured from the base of the knot x entire length of the brush from base of the handle to the crown of the loft. Scuttle dimensions were taken with a ruler. Most of the brushes have seen very little use, were thoroughly rinsed clean and dried after their last use, and have remained unused for several weeks; as such, I would recommend cleaning them in warm (not hot) soapy dishwater a couple of times before using them for the first time.

Muehle Synthetic "Silvertip Fibre" Set: $99 ($87 plus $12 shipping)

Classic small w/white resin handle, 19.5 mm x 49 mm x 95 mm
Classic medium w/tortoise resin handle, 21 mm x 54 mm x 101 mm
Classic large w/black resin handle, 23 mm x 57.5 mm x 107 mm

Muehle-Synth-Set-(front).jpg

These are the original Muehle "Silvertip Fibre" series produced in ca. 2013-14 that pretty much reinvented the game as far as synthetic brushes are concerned. Excellent players for face- and bowl-lathering. Little use, well less than a month in all cases. Original packaging.

Omega Boar-Synth-Badger Set: $55 ($43 plus $12 shipping)

11137 boar, 24 mm x 53.5 mm x 113 mm
146138 synth, 24 mm x 58 mm x 116.5 mm
6191 black badger, 24 mm x 54 mm x 113 mm

Omega-Boar-Synth-Badger-Set.jpg

All have the same Ash wood handle and similar knot configurations. Excellent set for comparing the relative properties of boar, synth, and badger brushes given similar specifications. All-around dimensions for face- and bowl-lathering, with a nod towards the latter. Very little use, 2-3 times at most. Original packaging.

Omega Clear Resin Handle Set: $47 ($35 plus $12 shipping)

31064 boar, 25 mm x 59 mm x 113.5 mm
6187 black badger, 22.5 mm x 49 mm x 92.5 mm

Omega-Clear-Handle-Set-(front).jpg

The boar brush is pretty much a dedicated bowl-latherer, excellent in this way. The black badger is a bit prickly, works quite well with palm-lathering and for thick-skinned face-latherers wanting a bit of exfoliation. The clear resin handles complement each other quite well aesthetically. The boar brush comes with a dedicated stand. Both have been used only a handful of times. Original packaging.

Omega Lucretia Borgia Set: $64 ($52 plus $12 shipping)

63185 black badger, 23.5 mm x 55 mm x 104 mm
636 silvertip badger, 21 mm x 50 mm x 94 mm

Omega-Lucretia-Borgia-Set-(front.jpg

Very complementary pairing. The 63185 is great for bowl-lathering and the 636 is great for palm- and face-lathering. The 63185 has been used around a dozen times and the 636 has seen around a month of use. Really a great combination. The back badger brush comes with a dedicated stand. Original packaging.

Simpson Beaufort Set: $140 ($125 plus $15 shipping)

B1 pure badger, 19 mm x 40 mm x 89 mm
B2 pure badger, 20.5 mm x 46 mm x 97 mm
B3 pure badger, 20 mm x 48 mm x 100 mm
B5 pure badger, 22 mm x 51.5 mm x 108

Simpson-Beaufort-Set-(front).jpg

The Simpson's Beaufort series, always loaded with pure badger, have wonderful longish handle ergonomics in my opinion. These have the older "Sterilized" stickers. As the bristles are a little bit prickly, the smaller brushes (B1-B3) excel at palm-lathering but can also be used as face-latherers those who like exfoliation. The larger brush (B5) excels as at bowl-lathering. Use ranges from a handful of times to maybe a dozen times. Original packaging.

Simpson Keyhole Set: $147 ($135 plus $12 shipping)

Keyhole 2 best badger, 20 mm x 48 mm x 101 mm
Keyhole 3 best badger, 22 mm x 49.5 mm x 104 mm

Simpson-Keyhole-Set-(front).jpg

Loaded with softer best badger, the KH2 is perhaps best used with face- and palm-lathering, whereas the all-around KH3 is perhaps best used with face- and bowl-lathering. The KH3 was used a couple of time, the KH2 has never been used to my recollection. I just didn't care for the handle ergonomics. A little too wide and squat for me. Both brushes come with the older "s
Sterilized" sticker. Original packaging.

Whipped Dog Resin Handle Set: $40 ($28 plus $12 shipping)

Boar w/standard amber handle, 26.5 mm x 52 mm x 102.5 mm
Silvertip badger w/standard burgundy handle, 26.5 mm x 55.5 mm x 106 mm

Whipped-Dog-Resin-Handle-Set-(front).jpg

These have only seen a handful of uses. I remember thinking that the short-lofted and thick-waisted boar was similar to some of the high-end boars that have come out in recent years, for a fraction of the price, and here discounted even further. Both are great for face- or bowl-lathering, although the knots are a bit too large for my taste. Great inexpensive combination for seeing how boar and badger compares though, and big is all the rage these days. Yellow appearance at the base of the boar knot is not so apparent in normal viewing, that came out with the flash for some reason. No original packaging came with these.

Whipped Dog Ceramic Handle Set: $50 ($38 plus $12 shipping)

"Pure Black" synthetic knot w/Firehouse hand-turned ceramic handle, 24 mm x 51 mm x 99.5 mm
"High Mountain" two-band knot w/Firehouse hand-turned ceramic handle, 27 mm x 55.5 mm x 100 mm

Whipped-Dog-Ceramic-Handle-Set-(front).jpg

These were the last two locally hand-turned ceramic handles that Larry at Whipped Dog had on hand back in 2016. I suppose it had to do with them being pink. How does "earthen pink-rose" sound instead. I'm man enough to wear a pink shirt on occasion and man enough to appreciate a pink-rose color in a shaving handle. Especially when its subtle hand-turned ceramic handles like these. It's just that the monster two-band much is too much for me and I don't want to break up the two. The black synth knot in the paler pink-rose handle looks terrific. Both have been used a handful of times. No original packaging came with these.

Georgetown Pottery Scuttle: $38 ($20 plus $18 shipping)

G20 (20 U.S. fl. oz.), second quality, ivory & green oribe scuttle, lather area measures ~4" (bowl inner diameter) x ~2-9/16" (bowl depth)

Georgetown-Pottery-G20-(side).jpg

Georgetown-Pottery-G20-(top).jpg

A large scuttle that works quite well in retaining lather warmth throughout the shaving process. The Georgetown "second quality" scuttles function perfectly, but are discounted as to a slight shape malformation or blemish. In this case, I think it had to do with a couple of rust-colored blemishes at the top or lip of lathering-bowl area of the scuttle (as can be seen in the top-down view). Really not all that noticeable and a mark of character in my opinion. Will be carefully packed in custom packaging.

Well, I have to recognize that the brush sets are not flying out of here like I had wanted. So I have reduced the asking price of all the sets by ~25%. Also, I have opened up the possibility of purchasing some of the brushes individually, apart from the Simpson Beaufort and the Omega Lucretia Borgia sets, the set price for each brush being ~25% lower than the individual brush price. The shipping cost as given is now USPS First Class rather than Priority, whenever possible, to bring the shipping cost down. Obviously, once an individual brush from the set has been sold, the set possibility disappears. Reduced prices as based on what was listed in the first post from top to bottom are as follows:

Muehle Synthetic "Silvertip Fibre" Set: $77 ($65 plus $12 shipping)
-or-
Muehle Classic small, white resin handle, sold individually: $30 ($24 plus $6 shipping)
Muehle Classic medium, tortoise resin handle, sold individually: $36($30 plus $6 shipping)
Muehle Classic large, black resin handle, sold individually: $39 ($33 plus $6 shipping)

Omega Boar-Synth-Badger Set: $44 ($32 plus $12 shipping)
-or-
Omega 11137 boar w/ash wood handle, sold individually: $15 ($9 plus $6 shipping)
Omega 146138 synth w/ash wood handle, sold individually: $20 ($14 plus $6 shipping)
Omega 6191 black badger w/ash wood handle, sold individually: $27 ($20 plus $7 shipping)

Omega Clear Resin Handle Set: $38 ($26 plus $12 shipping)
-or-
Omega 31064 boar w/black on clear resin handle, sold individually: $19 ($13 plus $6 shipping)
Omega 6187 black badger w/white on clear resin handle, sold individually: $29 ($22 plus $7 shipping)

Omega Lucretia Borgia Set: $51 ($39 plus $12 shipping)
-price for the set is reduced, but this beautiful and complementary pairing is not to be broken up-

Simpson Beaufort Set: $120 ($105 plus $15 shipping)
-again, each brush has the coveted "Made in England--Sterilized" sticker on it-

Simpson Keyhole Set: [sold]

Whipped Dog Resin Handle Set: $27 ($21 plus $6 shipping)
-or-
Whipped Dog boar w/standard amber handle, sold individually: $17 ($11 plus $6 shipping)
Whipped Dog silvertip badger w/standard burgundy handle, sold individually: $24 ($18 plus $6 shipping)

Whipped Dog Ceramic Handle Set: $33 ($26 plus $7 shipping)
-or-
Whipped Dog "Pure Black" synthetic knot w/Firehouse ceramic handle: $21 ($15 plus $6 shipping)
Whipped Dog "High Mountain" two-band knot w/Firehouse ceramic handle: $25 ($19 plus $6 shipping)

Georgetown Pottery Scuttle: [sold]

Further price drop: the individual brush price has been reduced by 25% and the set prices have been reduced by an additional 25%.

Muehle Synthetic "Silvertip Fibre" Set: $61 ($49 plus $12 shipping)
-or-
Muehle Classic small, white resin handle, sold individually: $24 ($18 plus $6 shipping)
Muehle Classic medium, tortoise resin handle, sold individually: $28 ($22 plus $6 shipping)
Muehle Classic large, black resin handle, sold individually: $31 ($25 plus $6 shipping)

Omega Boar-Synth-Badger Set: $36 ($24 plus $12 shipping)
-or-
Omega 11137 boar w/ash wood handle, sold individually: $13 ($7 plus $6 shipping)
Omega 146138 synth w/ash wood handle, sold individually: $17 ($11 plus $6 shipping)
Omega 6191 black badger w/ash wood handle, sold individually: $22 ($15 plus $7 shipping)

Omega Clear Resin Handle Set: $32 ($20 plus $12 shipping)
-or-
Omega 31064 boar w/black on clear resin handle, sold individually: $16 ($10 plus $6 shipping)
Omega 6187 black badger w/white on clear resin handle, sold individually: $24 ($17 plus $7 shipping)

Omega Lucretia Borgia Set: $41 ($29 plus $12 shipping)
-price for the set is reduced, but this beautiful and complementary pairing is not to be broken up-

Simpson Beaufort Set: $94 ($79 plus $15 shipping)
-again, each brush has the coveted "Made in England--Sterilized" sticker on it, not to be broken up-

Whipped Dog Resin Handle Set: $22 ($16 plus $6 shipping)
-or-
Whipped Dog boar w/standard amber handle, sold individually: $14 ($8 plus $6 shipping)
Whipped Dog silvertip badger w/standard burgundy handle, sold individually: $20 ($14 plus $6 shipping)

Whipped Dog Ceramic Handle Set: $26 ($19 plus $7 shipping)
-or-
Whipped Dog "Pure Black" synthetic knot w/Firehouse ceramic handle: $17 ($11 plus $6 shipping)
Whipped Dog "High Mountain" two-band knot w/Firehouse ceramic handle: $20 ($14plus $6 shipping)

Revised price list as I've decided to remove the Simpson Beaufort set from further consideration as I would always regret parting with them...

Muehle Synthetic "Silvertip Fibre" Set: $61 ($49 plus $12 shipping)
-or-
Muehle Classic small, white resin handle, sold individually: $24 ($18 plus $6 shipping)
Muehle Classic medium, tortoise resin handle, sold individually: $28 ($22 plus $6 shipping)
Muehle Classic large, black resin handle, sold individually: $31 ($25 plus $6 shipping)

-or-
Omega 11137 boar w/ash wood handle, sold individually: $13 ($7 plus $6 shipping)
Omega 146138 synth w/ash wood handle, sold individually: $17 ($11 plus $6 shipping)
Omega 6191 black badger w/ash wood handle, sold individually: $22 ($15 plus $7 shipping)

-or-
Omega 31064 boar w/black on clear resin handle, sold individually: $16 ($10 plus $6 shipping)
Omega 6187 black badger w/white on clear resin handle, sold individually: $24 ($17 plus $7 shipping)

Simpson Beaufort Set: [I've decided to keep it. Removed from sale.]

Whipped Dog Resin Handle Set: $22 ($16 plus $6 shipping)
-or-
Whipped Dog boar w/standard amber handle, sold individually: $14 ($8 plus $6 shipping)
Whipped Dog silvertip badger w/standard burgundy handle, sold individually: $20 ($14 plus $6 shipping)

-or-
Whipped Dog "Pure Black" synthetic knot w/Firehouse ceramic handle: $17 ($11 plus $6 shipping)
Whipped Dog "High Mountain" two-band knot w/Firehouse ceramic handle: $20 ($14plus $6 shipping)

Sale pending on the medium-sized Muehle synthetic brush w/resin tortoise handle and the Whipped Dog silvertip badger brush w/butterscotch handle...

The Muehle Classic medium w/tortoise handle and the Whipped Dog silvertip badger w/butterscotch handle (not burgundy as originally described, my mistake) have been sold! Also, certain brushes, depending on weight, can be combined with another for the lower first-class shipping rate. I will check this before anything goes out to make sure I'm sending them at the lowest USPS rate.

Muehle Synthetic "Silvertip Fibre" Set: [broken up]
-now-
Muehle Classic small, white resin handle, sold individually: $24 ($18 plus $6 shipping)*

Muehle Classic medium, tortoise resin handle, sold individually: [sold]
Muehle Classic large, black resin handle, sold individually: $31 ($25 plus $6 shipping)*
*These two are still a good complementary pairing, so as a pair: $42 ($35 plus $7 shipping)

-or-

-or-

Simpson Beaufort Set: [removed from sale]

Whipped Dog Resin Handle Set: [broken up]
-now-

Whipped Dog silvertip badger w/standard butterscotch (not burgundy) handle, sold individually: [sold]

-or-

The remaining Muehle shaving brushes have been sold!

Here is a revised list showing the current state of things. And again, it may be possible to combine different brushes for a lower combined shipping cost depending on how much they weigh together.

Muehle Synthetic "Silvertip Fibre" Set: [sold]

-or-

-or-

Whipped Dog Resin Handle Set: [broken up]
-now-

Whipped Dog silvertip badger w/standard butterscotch (not burgundy) handle, sold individually: [sold]

-or-

All of the Whipped Dog brushes have been sold! That leaves the Omegas:

Muehle Synthetic "Silvertip Fibre" Set: [sold]

-or-

-or-

Whipped Dog Resin Handle Set: [sold]

Whipped Dog Ceramic Handle Set: [sold]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom