What's new

For Parker "51" Lovers - Check Out The Wing Sung 601

The Wing Sung 601 is a Chinese made Parker "51" vacuumatic clone that has a few cool features added to it:

1. The vaccumatic filler has a piston mechanism on the end, making it a pump filler.
2. Plunger under the blind cap is metal instead of plastic
3. The pen has an ink window!
4. Available as a demonstrator.

Available on eBay from China for as little as $15.00.

Unlike pens like the Hero 616, this pen feels quality in the hands.

The nib is not as smooth as a true Parker "51", since it's steel and not gold. But, this pen is light years better than a Hero 616.

Here is what the pen looks like:

proxy.php

Here is the pen next to some real Parker 51s:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Even though, I own 2 "51s," I love my 601, because I can take it out of the house and get a "51" like experience without fearing that I'm going to lose a semi-expensive pen. For $15, you can buy one and leave it your desk at work.

Seems kinda like a Parker 51/Lamy 27 mash up with the oval ink windows [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

These have always been really interesting to me. I like seeing all of the different types of filling systems that are available out there. I have used a Hero 616 but the one that I have has a habit of wanting to burb when I use it. I just picked up a Parker 21 for about 15 dollars so I'm excited to give that pen a go.

I ran into a couple of these in the wild, but worried about the gasket and the overall operation of the pen, so I passed. Was that a mistake?

I have 3 of these. They're good pens. Compared to the 51, the Parker is better built for sure, but the Wing Sung is a heck of a pen for $15 and not as plasticky as a Hero 616. Put the nib on some mylar and you're good. I like it, and honestly, I'd recommend it over a 51 for a newbie, since 51's go for stupid prices these days. But then again, I also think the 51 is nothing special and the most overrated pen in all of pendom, so I'm probably biased here.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I bought a few based on this post and am happy with them. I have half a dozen P51s, and use them all the time. The Wing Sung is great to use as a daily beater that you don't have to worry about. Mine write very smoothly, and have yet to skip or burp. The ink window is a nice touch. For the price, it is hard to go wrong.

As I have already mentioned, i have my convictions. If don't have to, I don't support the Chinese Economy when there are other options out there. To answer your question, I have a Samsung S9+.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom

Seems I own one original Parker 51. It works 100% all the time. :001_rolle

It might sting me a bit if I lost this pen as it reminds me so much of my mother's pen I played with as a child. I'd live. As I type it is one of two pens within reach. I have no desire now to try to buy dozens of knockoff or even more originals.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Reminds me of my trip to Hong Kong, and wandering down Nathan Street ... all the hucksters out looking for tourists, crying out "copy watch! copy watch!" ... no pretense at "this is a Rolex and (insert sob story here why I have to sell it for pennies on the dollar) that's why I can sell it to you cheap". Nope, it's a "copy watch" if you want a cheap watch that looks like a Rolex. (Or Omega or whatever.)

Copy Pen.

That's what it is. Now, maybe that's okay for you ... maybe not. The Nathan Street huckstes weren't good enough at English to wax poetical about "this watch is an homage to Rolex ...". Some people like the "homage watch". Some don't; personal preference.

For me, so long as the Pilot 78g and/or Metropolitan offers great performance at the sub-$20 price range ... methinks the 78g was discontinued and may have been rebooted in a new updated format ... there are great "bargain" options that don't have the potentially negative connotations of the "copy/homage" pen.

To each his own.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Not exactly about pens but I was raised on Gilbert and Sullivan. Love the stuff. Very artful commentary on the politics of the day.

Top Bottom