What's new

For my amusement today

I've got a nice 2 day growth so I'm gonna bbs shave one half of my face de and t'other with Mach 3 power. I have a sneaky feeling Mach 3 might win. :cool:

I must get a life :biggrin:

Check out the acronyms in the Wiki. It'll help you understand a lot of what's said around here...
It took me awhile to figure that out myself.
Rob.

And the result is no real overall winner, but if I had to give it to one, the de was fractionally better by a midges whisker:biggrin: that may be down to technique though.
To cap it all believe it or not I cut myself with the Mach 3, a double cut too. Mind you I was spinning that blade in what I can only describe as an advanced spinning J hook twist off (I didn't even know terms like this existed until finding this site) and dug it into my chin. On the final pass it was quite a strange sensation
polishing with the vibrating Mach 3.

The Mach 3 is a good razor for a fast bbs, but nowhere near as satisfying as shaving yourself with a precision de tool of which you're in total control.

For my finale, I was finishing off under the nose with a shavette and incredibly just as I was starting the stroke my glasses fell off onto my hand and of course I flinched and put a nice bleeder right in the middle under my nose:eek: bled for quite a while too.

@ morajam

bbs = Baby bottom smooth

Yes indeed.:mad:

Very sore point at present, completely ruined next summer sport wise. Also I was planning to get a HDTV, well that's gone out the window as well.

the de was fractionally better by a midges whisker:biggrin: that may be down to technique though.

I think most of what makes a great shave is due to technique. I've never tried anything other than a DE, but I can't think of any reason why an M3 with really good lather and proper preparation shouldn't give you a good shave if you have a good technique.

I've got a nice 2 day growth so I'm gonna bbs shave one half of my face de and t'other with Mach 3 power. I have a sneaky feeling Mach 3 might win. :cool:

I must get a life :biggrin:

I've got a nice growth so I'm gonna bbs shave one half of my face DE and the other with a bannana :laugh:

mach3 might win at first, but the DE won't give you ingrowns and you'll eventually get better with the DE so that you'll forget about all the problems you'd had at the beginning.

I've got a nice growth so I'm gonna bbs shave one half of my face DE and the other with a bannana :laugh:

What a waste of a good banana. Besides, water being very important for a good shave I think a cucumber would work better.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I can get a pretty good shave with a BIC twin blade. It just isn't as much fun. The M3 is way to floppy for me, I hate that thing.

Top Bottom