What's new

For folks who cut their own hair

Inspired by a different thread, I was wondering...

For the folks who cut their own hair (no girlfriend/wife cuts), what method do you use? Clippers? Scissors? Flowbee? Acid bath? Barbeque pit?

I'm just curious...would love to save a few bucks (which could be redirected to various ADs).

edit: or do your girlfriends/wives cut it for you?

My girlfriend cuts mine, but only because it's dead simple. She clippers it with a #2 guard, all around, then cleans up the edges. Since I'm balding pretty early (only 26), I started cutting it very short about a year ago, preparing for the time when I'm going to be shaving it all off.

The good thing is that it saves me a fair amount of money. The great thing is that she finds bald men sexy.

I use a set of Wahl Clippers I picked up on Amazon for $27 shipped. I like my hair pretty short and tapered. Best $27 I ever spent. The great part about cutting your own hair is once you get the hang of it, you no longer need to get someone else to do it! I haven't paid for a haircut in over a year. I keep my hair very short on the sides and in the back. When I need to trim the top I have a machine called a RoboCut that is similar to a Flowbee. I wish I had started cutting my own hair years ago!

I used a set of wahl clippers on the sides and back when I wore it shorter there, and just a pair of scissors on the top. When it was longer, a pair of scissors all over, I judged length strictly by feel. Actually the scissors were on a large Swiss Army knife.

My brother likes to cut his own hair, and he uses a pair of barber clippers, a comb and a mirror.

I have often been tempted to ask about his bad hair cuts, but I don't.

clippers are great. only takes a couple of minutes. i have swmbo clean up the back with a de.

the other cheap bastard method i employee- when i get a hair cut i have it cut very short. after a month or so i start to style it a bit different. after 3 months i have yet another styling method. at about the 4 month mark i have it cut finally- back to very short.

3x$15= $45/year -- not too bad

cheers,
ryan

Wahl clippers, #8 setting all around, 10 minutes. Great massage at the same time.

And it probably looks like I do it myself, too.

I cut my own hair.... With this! :eek:

proxy.php

Quick, simple, "smooth", and drives the wife (and girlfriends :biggrin: ) crazy...

:w00t:

Wahl clippers with various guide combs up to 1". I've been cutting my own for seven years. Figure I've saved around $1500 so far. My Mom thinks I look great!:lol:

With electric clippers I can do a pretty decent fade by touch. However, I'm way too lazy to do that regularly, so I just buz it down to a #0.

Top Bottom