What's new

For experts sealing a jnat back with Loctite Super Glue (cyanoacrylate). I can do this?

The lacquer I've been using most of the time recently has a transparent amber coloring. In the past I have also used transparent reds, yellows, browns, etc. I have used a few solid colors also, but the transparent lacquers are more durable.

Reactions: CCR
Can anyone explain the benifit of applying lacquer to Jnats? Is there a reason that people only do this with Jnats and not other natural stones? I’m thinking of getting my first Jnat and wondering if coating them is necessary and how best to go about it.

Unless your stone has cracks on the side that absorb water you don't need to. I just do it because I like they way it looks. If your stone does absorb water from the side it could eventually cause it to split off.

Reactions: CCR
I think you should always do it for peace of mind with jnats. I just do a couple of coats of clear nail polish. If I had the sheer amount of jnats some on here do I probably would have seriously considered investing in a tin of cashew, though I don't really have the space premium to leave a hone curing and giving off fumes.

Top Bottom