What's new

For any lady's here, Rockwell razors, especially the 6S

Any ladies have a recommendation for the Rockwell 6S baseplate to start at? My wife is going to try my Rockwell soon, which was an amazing gift to me. If she likes it, I will order handle and top cap, as I am completely sold on the six baseplate.

Well, three is exactly in the center between mild and aggressive, so maybe start there?

Maybe not exactly centered. Three is just a smidgeon on the mild side.

Any ladies have a recommendation for the Rockwell 6S baseplate to start at? My wife is going to try my Rockwell soon, which was an amazing gift to me. If she likes it, I will order handle and top cap, as I am completely sold on the six baseplate.
I think the starting point is for her to try yours, and then based on that experience, go up or down from mild to aggressive as needed. Or maybe she thinks the baseplate you use is perfect. Once she tries yours, she should have pretty good grounding for making a decision..

I think the starting point is for her to try yours, and then based on that experience, go up or down from mild to aggressive as needed. Or maybe she thinks the baseplate you use is perfect. Once she tries yours, she should have pretty good grounding for making a decision..
I use the six baseplate. I definitely will need to change that before she tries it out. I have read that the 1 and 2 baseplates are overly mild, but I guess I can have her go through them starting at 2 or 3 to see what she likes.

Straying a bit from the norm of nothing is too mild...

I find mild is important for chin, my Superspeed Flare, or my Slim set on 3-4. For underarms, the Flare is okay, on my Slim, I usually notch it up to 5 (I was doing 6, but getting a bit of burn). For my legs, the Flare is way too mild. Not useless, but really too mild. I used to use a Parker 26C open comb on my legs, but it was just a bit aggressive. On my Slim (which is a replacement for the Parker), I usually have it set on 8.

One reason for going adjustable was so that I had options for all three, from one razor, which is working well, and much better than when I was having to have to use two razors for three shaving areas.

Legs is 'legs', I don't do nether region areas, other than a tiny bit of trim for bathing suit purposes. For that, the Flare, or the Slim on 3 is fine.

My wife started with a Muhle Companion I purchased for her. She was in love after the first shave. She said, she has never had a razor shaved that close or comfortable. Her go to blade were Voshkod. She is now using the Winning razor from wetshavingclub.com. She says it shaves better than her Companion and is now using different blades.

I let my wife use my Rockwell with the R1 plate. She is sold on it. Unfortunately, they only make a 2C,not a 2S. So, it is a matter watching the BST. I was also hoping they would have a handle and top plate for sale, but no such luck. I will never uee the R1 baseplate so I really only need the two extra pieces.

I let my wife use my Rockwell with the R1 plate. She is sold on it. Unfortunately, they only make a 2C,not a 2S. So, it is a matter watching the BST. I was also hoping they would have a handle and top plate for sale, but no such luck. I will never uee the R1 baseplate so I really only need the two extra pieces.

They sell the replacement parts, it’s just not the easiest to find

here is the link: Rockwell 6S Replacement Parts - https://getrockwell.com/collections/rockwell-plates

also, if you click around on the site enough the 20% code pops up on the bottom right… I end up having to browse to a few different links, or sometimes just sitting on the page for a while it’ll pop up.

it’s been the same code for a while… No need to email them or anything.

I tried to used all 6 plates for the month of May. 1 didnt cut any whiskers. 2 started to cut. 3 actually did give a shave. So id start her at 2 and let her figure it out. It shouldnt be long to find
a used one.
Or get her a Black Beauty and start ay 3.

Rose Gold 2c is 30 bucks. Sounds kike a winner for a woman. I love the rose gold color myself.

Last edited:
They sell the replacement parts, it’s just not the easiest to find

here is the link: Rockwell 6S Replacement Parts - https://getrockwell.com/collections/rockwell-plates

also, if you click around on the site enough the 20% code pops up on the bottom right… I end up having to browse to a few different links, or sometimes just sitting on the page for a while it’ll pop up.

it’s been the same code for a while… No need to email them or anything.
Guess who is going to be ordering tomorrow? Yep, me. I am far more willing to spend money on my wife than on myself. I contacted a member that was selling a 6S, but I wouldn't short change the individual by offering the $40 that buys the parts I need.

Parts have been ordered. I certainly couldn't ask the seller of the full 6S to reduce the price of a great razor.

By the way, she has a Black Beauty that is a great razor, but bites from time to time.

Bottom line, just about anything for my lady.

OK, I clearly lost it when ordering for my wife. I initially ordered two baseplates (the 1 / 3) which I didn't even need, but no top cap. I got the baseplate corrected, by the generosity and amazing customer service from Rockwell. It was beyond what I expected. Then I finally ordered the top cap, while apologizing to their customer service for being a very disorganized customer. Bottom line, my wife will have a Rockwell stainless with an R1 baseplate, stainless top cap, and stainless handle. She already loved it when I let her try it from my set, which was, as I often mention, a wonderful gift. I am still not able to understand how someone could be so generous. She said it seemed impossible to cut her legs (yes, just legs) with this razor. I am grateful for the one that allowed both myself and my wife to enjoy this razor.

Top Bottom