What's new

For all the Glock Fans Out There

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife’s cousin was killed babysitting a child who got ahold pf a loaded rifle in an unlocked cabinet. My wife will not touch a firearm. Tragedy happens, with automobiles etc. too, but I’m preaching to the choir.

“Tucked in” his pants makes me wonder whether it was holstered. Wrestling with a firearm is dumb, in any event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife’s cousin was killed babysitting a child who got ahold pf a loaded rifle in an unlocked cabinet. My wife will not touch a firearm. Tragedy happens, with automobiles etc. too, but I’m preaching to the choir.

“Tucked in” his pants makes me wonder whether it was holstered. Wrestling with a firearm is dumb, in any event.

As with automobiles, large animals, machines, large equipment, we can get so used to them in our everyday life and the healthy respect and caution they require is often forgotten. Very sad

How does a gun tucked in pants go off and the bullet go though 2 heads iv never seen some on jam a glock handle up there *** it’s the only way it could of happend if anything he would been shot in the *** or nuts that makes so little sense only thing could of been was other kid or his misses if one can explain it let me know because a gun tucked in to pants means barrel pointed at legs not head hence he would have the grip up his ***

How does a gun tucked in pants go off and the bullet go though 2 heads iv never seen some on jam a glock handle up there *** it’s the only way it could of happend if anything he would been shot in the *** or nuts that makes so little sense only thing could of been was other kid or his misses if one can explain it let me know because a gun tucked in to pants means barrel pointed at legs not head hence he would have the grip up his ***

Well, that’s why I questioned it being tucked. If it wasn’t holstered, I imagine the gun fell out of the waste band and its orientation not known. The question then is how did the trigger get pulled, or could it go off by slamming the floor?

Well, that’s why I questioned it being tucked. If it wasn’t holstered, I imagine the gun fell out of the waste band and its orientation not known. The question then is how did the trigger get pulled, or could it go off by slamming the floor?

No chance there’s a guy call cutlery lover on yt he has done a glock drop test with snap cap no ad at all trigger safety stop the whole firing mech from moving so it’s not psychically possible

No chance there’s a guy call cutlery lover on yt he has done a glock drop test with snap cap no ad at all trigger safety stop the whole firing mech from moving so it’s not psychically possible

That’s what I’ve heard. Didn’t know if a faulty firing pin block could fail or not. Trigger might have caught on something, I suppose.

It does sound like the gun fell out of the waistband/holster.

What concerns me....
If the weapon were somehow holstered, how did a wrestling match cause it to fire? In a police application where an officer has to grapple with a suspect for whatever the reason, the last thing needed is for an errant round to go flying. Remember...all police do not necessarily carry Level III retention holsters.

That’s what I’ve heard. Didn’t know if a faulty firing pin block could fail or not. Trigger might have caught on something, I suppose.

It does sound like the gun fell out of the waistband/holster.

Unless he has pumped thousands and thousand of rounds though it and the pin block had a hair line fracture nd when he dropped it snapped but even then glock are well know gun makes and they make heavy duty guns so thats very odd

This post shouldn't be directed at Glocks, either. This accident could have happened with a S&W, Ruger, Walther, H&K, Canik... well, you can just put any firearm manufacturer in there.

You can argue the impossibility of an accidental discharge with any pistol, but it doesn't change the fact that the gun went off, a child is dead, his father seriously injured, and he'll probably be facing charges. Standing up for the "fail safe" reputation of Glocks, or ANY pistol, doesn't change the tragic ending of this story. As ScottChapin said, wrestling with a loaded gun on your person is dumb.

Don

P.S. - I am not a Glock fan. I think they are the ugliest pistols in the entire history of pistoldom. "Die Glock Frau" in Austrian means "the butt-ugly woman." Remember that if you're ever in Innsbruck or Linz, and be careful.

Last edited:
Unless he has pumped thousands and thousand of rounds though it and the pin block had a hair line fracture nd when he dropped it snapped but even then glock are well know gun makes and they make heavy duty guns so thats very odd

Granted, but the gun discharged somehow. If by trigger, then something had to press it.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The whole idea of incorporating the safety on a light trigger striker pistol has to be about the most brain dead idea in the last century or three with the only possibly sillier option being those folk who consider that design acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom