What's new

Footwear of the Day

For 50 years or more, I've mostly worn Sperry Topsiders or Clarks desert boots. I've been retired a long time. I do have some better dress shoes but have little occasion to wear them anymore. I also am a fan of Merrell Moabs for outdoor activities and winter. Oh, I also wear roper boots in the higher winter snow if it's not too slippery (Ariat is the current brand). As a grown man, what I no longer wear are the sneakers that I wore when I was 12 (like Converse All-Stars or Jack Purcell's). Those look foolish on grown men IMO.

Last edited:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I wore these boots again today, for the first time since they blistered my heels a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_20210809_154245(1).jpg

Today, I did the laces properly, taking out all the slack with the multi-purpose hook on the back of my Swiss pocket knife. Much better. No problems whatsoever.

Cole Haan Zeroguard. Purchased for the colorway re my daughter’s college graduation.

Certainly comfortable enough. At 90 ish out the door they would not have been bought but for the colorway as I think this look can be conveyed by better constructed, more durable athletic shoes for less money.

Moreover 90.00 is two killer pairs of shoes off eBay with a bit of luck.
8871ED6F-7F8A-43FA-B254-C25BE97EE888.jpeg

Cole Haan Zerogrand All Suede. I bought them thinking they were dark blue ( I failed to read the eBay description) Worth the 45 I have in them but not any more IMHO.

I like them ok. The internal heel is clearly higher than the toe box. Not really liking that when I first put them on.

Like my other Cole Hans of this ilk, I think the look can be had cheaper than the retail of 90-199 in this realm and/or a better shoe can be had for the same money.
FF6D79FA-DA83-4FDE-8BF7-A5224097A10E.jpeg

Cole Haan Zerogrand All Suede. I bought them thinking they were dark blue ( I failed to read the eBay description) Worth the 45 I have in them but not any more IMHO.

I like them ok. The internal heel is clearly higher than the toe box. Not really liking that when I first put them on.

Like my other Cole Hans of this ilk, I think the look can be had cheaper than the retail of 90-199 in this realm and/or a better shoe can be had for the same money.View attachment 1502487

Oh, ya. Blue would definitely be a great look

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Classy and classic my friend! Much like @MrSpeedy ...... Except his socks rock, lol!!!
My choice of socks has been limited now for health reasons (compression socks) but I will try to remember to post some pictures of my "Sockwell" 20 to 30 pressure socks. They do NOT look like they are medical grade, but do what they claim.

Top Bottom