What's new

Footwear of the Day

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
89DDFD53-DC5A-4FC8-A3EF-6EB6E6F1FBD6.jpeg

White shirt. I think I have a couple of those somewhere. I wore one for a wedding last year. No one got Covid but several people got food poisoning believed to be from some undercooked chicken. Very ironic. And at a very high end hotel in Chicago. Luckily I decided to focus on drinking and didn’t eat very much.

The Timberlands go back probably 30 y. One of the first shoes that I bought in the US. One resole. It didn’t really make sense to spend $80 on a resole when new ones are around 130. However the current version seems to have lost something. Plus this pair is well broken in.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I accumulated shoes so quickly last year, that some pairs never got the break in time they deserved.

IMG_20210711_070954_edit.jpg

I realised this pair have hardly had any use at all, maybe only coaxing them up to being worn for two hours at a time. As such, I've decided to give them another couple of hours today. I don't think I'll go much beyond that, as flexing doesn't appear to be something they want to do yet. Stubbornly robust, they are. That might be good news for the long term, but in the short term, I'm kind of stomping around like a four year old who's been told they can't have any ice cream.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
As such, I've decided to give them another couple of hours today. I don't think I'll go much beyond that, as flexing doesn't appear to be something they want to do yet.

I was right. At two hours they absolutely had to go. I think these are the hardest leather shoes I've ever owned... and I wore steel toe caps for 25 years. Switched to the double monks, which are sheer bliss in comparison.

IMG_20210828_145336_edit.jpg

If I remember correctly, the last time I wore the Windsor split brogues for a couple of hours, my feet were wrecked for a couple of days. Not so this time it seems, so I'll consider that a win, and maybe try again tomorrow.

Top Bottom