What's new

Footwear of the Day

Woolrich (made by Thorogood) today at the office.

These boots surprised me. They were inexpensive and look great IMO and are super comfortable. Very well made as well. 👍

98BC1534-0AC9-4392-9ACC-7676DA618340.jpeg

What brand of shoe is that? Is the leather shell cordovan? That leather looks like the leather on my old Florsheim Imperials in shell cordovan. I still have them, but never wear them. 2 pair in the plain toe and 1 pair of wing tips. I suppose they’re not in style anymore. I see them on eBay for top dollar.
Allen Edmonds Dundee chukkas in espresso shell cordovan. They have a nice double oak tanned sole and storm welt. Very solid. Sadly no longer made. I got a pair of Dundee 2 in bourbon shell in one of the trunks sales a few years ago. A nice boot but not as heavy duty as the older Dundee.

Those Florsheim Imperial gunboats in shell with the steel sparker heels are excellent. If I could find a pair in wide fitting I’d certainly grab ‘em.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Allen Edmonds Dundee chukkas in espresso shell cordovan. They have a nice double oak tanned sole and storm welt. Very solid. Sadly no longer made. I got a pair of Dundee 2 in bourbon shell in one of the trunks sales a few years ago. A nice boot but not as heavy duty as the older Dundee.

Those Florsheim Imperial gunboats in shell with the steel sparker heels are excellent. If I could find a pair in wide fitting I’d certainly grab ‘em.
Steel sparkler heels! That’s a great description. I also have a wide foot. I had a person tell me they look like bumper cars. Another asked me if I could water ski in them. Cordovan shoe prices are crazy. I guess the cordovan leather is scarce. Horween leather in Chicago was a well known supplier of leathers including shell cordovan.

Cordovan has certainly got much more expensive over the last few years. Oddly, there seems to be a lot more of the lighter colors available these days. It used to be almost all color 8 with occasional drops (usually only in medium width) of other colors. Now the tan shades and even blue and a kind of camo pattern seem to be offered for a variety of styles. Horween is what I am familiar with. I believe that there is some production by Toscana in Italy and Shinki Hikaku in Japan. Probably some others.

Top Bottom