What's new

Footwear of the Day

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This version of the Allen-Edmonds buck “The Orlean”, was discontinued some time ago and replaced with The Nomad. I occasionally see the Orlean on the bay or Grailed.

I see more and more things in my closet that have been discontinued. I better stop going in there. 😉😀

A2E862E7-3625-4714-8571-2B35CA3A5B39.jpeg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
What about the other pair that are pictured? 😀
My wife has an enviable collection of Toms. The dog goes barefoot.

BTW, your LHS are perfection. I recently retired a pair that were well over thirty pushing thirty three) and got a pair of CXL. Highly recommended. Same Van last and much quicker breaking in. Comfortable out of the box. I got them via the Shoe Mart factory seconds and truly cannot discern any aspect that is less than perfect. The discount, however, is prodigious.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
My wife has an enviable collection of Toms. The dog goes barefoot.

BTW, your LHS are perfection. I recently retired a pair that were well over thirty pushing thirty three) and got a pair of CXL. Highly recommended. Same Van last and much quicker breaking in. Comfortable out of the box. I got them via the Shoe Mart factory seconds and truly cannot discern any aspect that is less than perfect. The discount, however, is prodigious.

Thanks. The LHS went through a refurbishment several years ago. They are probably 15 years old. Should get another 15 out of them.

Here are some of the before and after pics. I have to try a pair of the CXL LHS. A pair of Factory Seconds with prodigious savings is right up my alley. :thumbup1:

Next up for refurbishment are the shell cordovan Alden Leisure Hand Sewn Loafer. No doubt over a decade old and have yet to have been re-soled.

These are going to be sent to Alden for a full restoration.
View attachment 937935
View attachment 937927 View attachment 937928 View attachment 937929
PART II - THE RESTORATION

View attachment 955776

View attachment 955777

View attachment 955779

View attachment 955778

And there you have it. The restoration of the Alden Shell Cordovan Leisure Hand Sewn Loafer is now complete.

They retail these days for about $775. This pair falls somewhere in the range of 10-15 years old. The cost to replace them is out of the question but $175 to restore them, IMO, is a no-brainer.

Take care of your shoes and they will take care of you. :yesnod: :biggrin:

View attachment 955780

Top Bottom