What's new

Footwear of the Day

Breaking in new Ultraboosts today. Slowly working up from Crocs. Maybe Red Wings or AEs tomorrow. Maybe dress shoes by May. 🤪

E2467AF9-BE33-44CD-BF68-6F1A065C0395.jpeg

Ever been resoled? The uppers are VERY nice my friend!

I tend to add a rubber cap to the sole of my shoes. I realise that’s not for everyone but having slipped a couple of times from leather soles I’m not so keen on keeping them uncovered! I also spend a lot of time in industrial environments so if not safety shoes I at least need a shoe that I know will grip.

The rubber cap is about ready for a replace heels have been done twice I think.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I tend to add a rubber cap to the sole of my shoes. I realise that’s not for everyone but having slipped a couple of times from leather soles I’m not so keen on keeping them uncovered! I also spend a lot of time in industrial environments so if not safety shoes I at least need a shoe that I know will grip.

The rubber cap is about ready for a replace heels have been done twice I think.
So now another nosey question: what brand are they? I have had two falls that I remember, caused by leather soles: once on ice I didn't know was on the last step, once just WALKING on a WET sidewalk.

I was young, so I didn't get hurt badly. But after that, I became less of a snob about leather. I actually started looking into, and buying mostly combo soles with a leather outside around a rubber middle part, if that makes any sense.

Those really ARE sharp looking shoes! A weakness I inherited from my Dad I believe... He NEVER left the house without a quick (at the VERY least) shine of his shoes!

So now another nosey question: what brand are they? I have had two falls that I remember, caused by leather soles: once on ice I didn't know was on the last step, once just WALKING on a WET sidewalk.

I was young, so I didn't get hurt badly. But after that, I became less of a snob about leather. I actually started looking into, and buying mostly combo soles with a leather outside around a rubber middle part, if that makes any sense.

Those really ARE sharp looking shoes! A weakness I inherited from my Dad I believe... He NEVER left the house without a quick (at the VERY least) shine of his shoes!

They’re actually a discontinued line from a brand called Trenery here in Australia and NZ. They are not an overly expensive shoe - Goodyear welted but made in China. Not the quality of an Allen Edmonds but not bad.

For rubber half soles there are a million brands a famous one out of the US is I think the Indiana ones:346 Longlife Half Soles | Indiana | Shoe Repair | TR Lawman - http://www.trlawman.co.uk/products/shoe-repair-supplies/indiana-rubber-shoe-repair-products/346-longlife-half-soles

I invariably but not always add a rubber half sole after the initial break in. I’ve slipped enough times - once on a stone floor with a glass of wine when dressed up. Although I’m not keen to do it, the shoe is there to serve me. I haven’t found any negative effect on performance or comfort.

Top Bottom