What's new

Footwear of the Day

155C0AD9-87DA-4D0B-A353-2D1FD4DDE0E9.jpeg
I’m in Italy and I have no self control:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
For now… just taking it easy in a pair LL Bean Handsewn flannel-lined slippers. They have to be at least 15-20 years old and are ready to be retired.

A pair of Town View Leather deer-skin lined moccasins will be my next knock around slipper.
33449863-6A44-4995-A168-5587CEFA296A.jpeg

Those Alden’s do look good. They give the Luthers a run for their money. It’s a bit like that hard choice between the WR1 and the 17-4 - it’s almost worth shaving twice. Now that’s an idea - Luther on the left, Alden on the right. Alternate to even up the wear.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Now that’s an idea - Luther on the left, Alden on the right. Alternate to even up the wear.
Mrs. Gold already thinks I’m crazy so that would just confirm that she has suspected all along (…. but she’s still adorable). 😀

The All-Weather Walkers are terrific shoes indeed. I acquired them just prior to the suede-infiltration so they haven’t been getting as much attention as they should’ve. Even though they are for “all-weather”, they will be called into action much more during this Fall season.

Sounds good to me. Now I‘m not wearing shorts most days I can wear shoes other than trainers or suede loafers so some variety as well.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I went with the Padders Lunar today (no pics, Android phone stayed home), as I had a fair bit of walking and a couple if train journeys to negotiate. All started well, but they rubbed my feet sore in the latter part of the outbound journey. Nowhere convenient to stop and retie the shoes didn't help.

By the time I came to a convenient bench to stop and tighten things up, the damage was done. had to resort to taxi for the return trip. I don't think it's unsuitable shoes, just that they still aren't fully broken in, and still give a little after a couple of miles. in time they'll get better, but I'll be sticking to short essential trips only for a few days, with nice light footwear.

Top Bottom