What's new

Footwear of the Day

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Expecting 3 to 6 inches of rain today. 🙄

D76FF01F-A1A5-4852-A95F-2B66AC2EA6D1.jpeg

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
And that’s what makes the refurb all the more worth it. It’s like getting new pair for a fraction of the cost of a new pair.
And for anyone here interested in Aldens, the factory seconds on Shoe Mart's site (requires you to set up an account but dies not to buy anything) is a great way to save. The shoes are gorgeous, and I cannot figure out why they are seconds.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Nice Scotch grain leather.

Alden does a really nice job with this leather.

One word comes to my mind when/if Alden ever decides to produce this model again (pictured below) with Alpine grain leather and the Color 8 shell cordovan saddle on a crepe sole.

And that word is…. SOLD!! :thumbup1:
03A9AF96-D276-4BF0-A45B-21FF8EF9284B.jpeg

You just took these shoes to a whole new level for me (and yet I can t explain why). :biggrin:

Seriously though, once I find them. In the cart and paid for so fast you would louche your mind. :yesnod:

If I were buying a well restored Studebaker Avanti or DeLorean and the salesman was wearing a pair of those shoes and good quality chinos with one or two very small battery acid pinholes I would feel very comfortable writing the check.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
If I were buying a well restored Studebaker Avanti or DeLorean and the salesman was wearing a pair of those shoes and good quality chinos with one or two very small battery acid pinholes I would feel very comfortable writing the check.

You’re killing me today. :lol:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I actually took the extra pair of tan, round laces that came with the Cityflex shoes that arrived the other day and put them on these AE Orlean bucks.

Here is what it looks like:
84078186-227D-48AB-A4E3-A7102A560849.jpeg

This is the shoe with its original taupe-colored flat laces.

89FAA05F-E12C-41F2-898F-9AADE61A3871.jpeg

I dunno. I’m leaning towards the darker laces.

Last edited:
Top Bottom