What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Footwear of the Day

Ever been resoled? The uppers are VERY nice my friend!
I tend to add a rubber cap to the sole of my shoes. I realise that’s not for everyone but having slipped a couple of times from leather soles I’m not so keen on keeping them uncovered! I also spend a lot of time in industrial environments so if not safety shoes I at least need a shoe that I know will grip.

The rubber cap is about ready for a replace heels have been done twice I think.

FarmerTan

George Bailey Fanboy
I tend to add a rubber cap to the sole of my shoes. I realise that’s not for everyone but having slipped a couple of times from leather soles I’m not so keen on keeping them uncovered! I also spend a lot of time in industrial environments so if not safety shoes I at least need a shoe that I know will grip.

The rubber cap is about ready for a replace heels have been done twice I think.
So now another nosey question: what brand are they? I have had two falls that I remember, caused by leather soles: once on ice I didn't know was on the last step, once just WALKING on a WET sidewalk.

I was young, so I didn't get hurt badly. But after that, I became less of a snob about leather. I actually started looking into, and buying mostly combo soles with a leather outside around a rubber middle part, if that makes any sense.

Those really ARE sharp looking shoes! A weakness I inherited from my Dad I believe... He NEVER left the house without a quick (at the VERY least) shine of his shoes!

So now another nosey question: what brand are they? I have had two falls that I remember, caused by leather soles: once on ice I didn't know was on the last step, once just WALKING on a WET sidewalk.

I was young, so I didn't get hurt badly. But after that, I became less of a snob about leather. I actually started looking into, and buying mostly combo soles with a leather outside around a rubber middle part, if that makes any sense.

Those really ARE sharp looking shoes! A weakness I inherited from my Dad I believe... He NEVER left the house without a quick (at the VERY least) shine of his shoes!
They’re actually a discontinued line from a brand called Trenery here in Australia and NZ. They are not an overly expensive shoe - Goodyear welted but made in China. Not the quality of an Allen Edmonds but not bad.

For rubber half soles there are a million brands a famous one out of the US is I think the Indiana ones:346 Longlife Half Soles | Indiana | Shoe Repair | TR Lawman - http://www.trlawman.co.uk/products/shoe-repair-supplies/indiana-rubber-shoe-repair-products/346-longlife-half-soles

I invariably but not always add a rubber half sole after the initial break in. I’ve slipped enough times - once on a stone floor with a glass of wine when dressed up. Although I’m not keen to do it, the shoe is there to serve me. I haven’t found any negative effect on performance or comfort.

Top Bottom