Footwear of the Day

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Very nice. :001_cool:

And a very plush "outside" you have too. :wink2:

78B8836C-514C-4614-8B63-40D99568F894.png

... I just walking out the door? šŸ˜Ž
Ā 
This was my everyday shoe when I was in college. And I mean that literally, I wore them every single day. šŸ˜€

Iā€™ve had these since 1986 - first shoe that I bought in the US. I put a lot of miles on them. The heel was worn down to near smooth, the sole was passable bit pretty scuffed up and discolored. I dropped them off at a local craft cobbler for a resole yesterday. No before pics but the sole was pretty worn and had a diagonal crack forming near the heel-sole. Iā€™ll have after pics in a couple of weeks. While the overhaul doesnā€™t make much sense from a cost perspective (90 vs 150 for a brand new pair) these are well bedded in and have a nice patina. The thing I like is easy on easy off and good traction. Boots are great but they are a big production to put on or take off.
Ā 

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Maiden voyage for the Greenflex desert boot.
8DFF9C55-41FC-4A32-A8BE-5B06C3CFF585.jpeg
F0907285-9A64-4101-99C4-0D55C9BD2514.jpeg

@blantyre

Been awhile since I had a pair of New Balance kicks. I like these two new offerings by New Balance. Maybe once Iā€™m through with the desert boot ā€œthingā€, Iā€™ll go back to the sneaker ā€œthingā€. :biggrin:

139D4A28-1997-4065-B653-4BA2DF45F000.jpeg

154DA86E-618F-46AA-B532-DFD16776F808.jpeg
Ā 
Last edited:
Am I the only one wearing Crocs almost every frigginā€™ day? šŸ‘Ž

I have barely left the house in 2 weeks and my many Red Wings, Wolverine 1000 Mile, AE and assorted other expensive boots and shoes have been worn only a handful of times in the last year. COVID sucks! šŸ˜œ
Ā 

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Am I the only one wearing Crocs almost every frigginā€™ day? šŸ‘Ž

I have barely left the house in 2 weeks and my many Red Wings, Wolverine 1000 Mile, AE and assorted other expensive boots and shoes have been worn only a handful of times in the last year. COVID sucks! šŸ˜œ
Yes, I hate not having any place to wear nice, shiny shoes. I have been wearing a LOT of loafers for the past year.
Ā 

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I get that. Thatā€™s why I wear my shoes in just my bathrobe. Problem solved.
I do know this: my every-day-dress-work shoes were Johnston and Murphy's. Several pairs (too many says the bride!) but I worked out a on the streets in the city trying to find people that often didn't want to be found, in the country on muddy driveways....those shoes NEVER made my feet uncomfortable and always cleaned and polished up NICE.

Now I know why my dad's old friend with bad gout always wore dress shoes around the house. When I was a floor nurse I wore tennis shoes. My feet did okay, but I wish I'd known of J&M shoes back then.
Ā 
Top Bottom