What's new

Footwear of the Day

Joseph Cheaney & Sons Jarrow R Derby Boot.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I see you went to the bar lacing. Looks good. 👍
Thanks. These shoes are quite old now. The bow tie lacing looked good at first but I think it was too much. I decided that full brogues (especially in suede) have enough going on without fancy lacing. I’m trying to get a few miles on something other than the Crowns and the Luthers before it changes to boot-only weather. I pulled out a pair of Dr. Marten’s gunboats this morning. Maybe I’ll wear those tomorrow. This is even harder than picking a shaving soap/brush combination!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This is even harder than picking a shaving soap/brush combination!

That’s why when I start a new soap, I use the same soap/brush/razor set-up until it’s done. If I had to choose both a shave set-up AND which pair of shoes to wear everyday, heck, I’d never get out of the house. :lol:
152FFB25-1B37-4774-9487-44827584D5C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jut

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'd just use a neutral polish or cream, Rave. The only coloured polish I own, is black. Everything else either gets Saphir Universal or Cobblers Cream.
Thanks Al. I definitely think that would work in most instances. Is there the odd time, where there is a little scuff mark, that using a colored polish would be appropriate? I do think a clear would maintain a more natural look to the leather as it ages, and at the same time protects it.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Thanks Al. I definitely think that would work in most instances. Is there the odd time, where there is a little scuff mark, that using a colored polish would be appropriate? I do think a clear would maintain a more natural look to the leather as it ages, and at the same time protects it.
I'm sure there will come a time when I need to ask myself a similar question, but haven't got there yet. It's a bit of trial and error, as I don't think cream and polish makers all agree on the same shades

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm sure there will come a time when I need to ask myself a similar question, but haven't got there yet. It's a bit of trial and error, as I don't think cream and polish makers all agree on the same shades
I think I just lucked out on what polish to buy. I looked at Kiwi Medium Tan on Amazon. A woman wrote an awful review of the product with pictures. It turned her perfectly fine tan shoes to the same color as my Johnston and Murphys. :001_smile

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Alden sure can make a stunning boot. I’ve got a pair of cxl lhs and a no. 8 blucher but I think I’ll be looking for a pair of boots now.

Very true about Alden boots. I’ve got my eye on a pair of Indy 405s that I’m sure will land in my closet in the not too distant future.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Lightweight cupsole canvas for me today, as my heels are STILL scabbed up from when I stripped the skin off, on my birthday last month.

img_20210707_135240-jpg.1309477

I'm supposed to be going to the theatre tomorrow, but I suspect I will be rather "underdressed" shoe wise. There is no way I'll be risking Oxford or Derbies, particularly not with a mile to walk in either direction.

Alas. My newly acquired White’s “Stormchaser” boots did not fit properly across the instep. Not good. The nice folks at White’s diagnosed the problem and put a pair of “Smokejumpers” (with a higher arch) in the mail which should rectify the issue. Great service. 👍🏻
109B8961-4D22-43F4-B202-E9394D7E1C61.jpeg

Does this count as public disclosure? We’d better get a provisional in asap! This could be bigger than shell cordovan. I’ll be the sole inventor!

Top Bottom