What's new

Foot Odor, A New Issue For Me

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
@Doc4 has some sort of visceral reaction to the concept. Perhaps he was traumatized by being trapped in a room with vegans who preached to him and tried to convert him.

1600292745801.png

It was justifiable homicide. That was my ruling.

Vegan, i.e. a person who avoids animal products of all kinds, usually out of a concern for animal welfare or the environment. Note this is not the same thing as a person that is vegetarian or a person that eats a diet that is primarily plant-based.

@Doc4 has some sort of visceral reaction to the concept. Perhaps he was traumatized by being trapped in a room with vegans who preached to him and tried to convert him.

Oh, I take it you haven’t seen it. They say the word vegan quite a few times in that movie if I remember correctly. The way I see it, meat and dairy is like beer and wine. Your body can extract nutrition from them, but you’re better off consuming something healthier.

Just for the record I consume all of them, but I don’t pretend that I “need to” like some people do. I do it because I want to. I know it’s not the healthiest option.

Vegan, i.e. a person who avoids animal products of all kinds, usually out of a concern for animal welfare or the environment. Note this is not the same thing as a person that is vegetarian or a person that eats a diet that is primarily plant-based.

The rule of Vegan club is talk constantly about Vegan club...

I thought vegan was Indian for can’t hunt. Couldn’t resist...I really don’t care either way.

You could try using an alum block on your feet. It’s suppose to be a natural deodorant from what some people say.

The rule of Vegan club is talk constantly about Vegan club...
Very amusing. You started this whole controversy by attempting to "call me out" as a covert vegan because I dared to suggest less animal food might be worth trying. I thought you were arguing Veganism was a covert conspiracy to propagandize people through films like "Forks Over Knives" that merely pretend to be about health and wellness, while actually promoting the hideous idea that our furry friends are co-equal with humans and deserve some compassion.

Actually, I'm not vegan, though I am interested in health and the environment. I'm not sure that what I said merited such a ridiculous over-reaction (which you prolong every time you post some anti-vegan nonsense).

Reactions: nav
Very amusing. You started this whole controversy by attempting to "call me out" as a covert vegan because I dared to suggest less animal food might be worth trying. I thought you were arguing Veganism was a covert conspiracy to propagandize people through films like "Forks Over Knives" that merely pretend to be about health and wellness, while actually promoting the hideous idea that our furry friends are co-equal with humans and deserve some compassion.

Actually, I'm not vegan, though I am interested in health and the environment. I'm not sure that what I said merited such a ridiculous over-reaction (which you prolong every time you post some anti-vegan nonsense).
The ego has landed. Why would you think this is about you? You have stated several times you are not Vegan. Thus the comment is not about you...

The ego has landed. Why would you think this is about you? You have stated several times you are not Vegan. Thus the comment is not about you...
Because all of this started with you asking me "why" I suggested eating less meat and you then compared my answer to vegan propaganda, then continued with your tantrum from that point. Talk about ego, this thread was not actually about vegan issues until you decided to take it there.

Reactions: nav
Because all of this started with you asking me "why" I suggested eating less meat and you then compared my answer to vegan propaganda, then continued with your tantrum from that point. Talk about ego, this thread was not actually about vegan issues until you decided to take it there.
Tantrum? You replied to the five word question, who ever replied quoting the word vegan would have received the Vegan club response. And the five word reference for Forks over knives begins with I...

Seriously, what's with promoting an agenda?

Tantrum? You replied to the five word question, who ever replied quoting the word vegan would have received the Vegan club response. And the five word reference for Forks over knives begins with I...

Seriously, what's with promoting an agenda?
Let's just drop it. This is obviously unproductive and nobody is going to change anyone's mind about the issue.

As others have already suggested, I would also suggest to take on a different diet plan for a week or so just to try. I can tell from experience that cutting back on processed foods and totally avoiding any foods of animal origin, has had a very positive effect on my health for the last 5 years or so.

Also, thoroughly dry your feet after showering and give your feet time to breath. This means waiting some 10 to 15 minutes before you put your socks on after showering.

I can add a personal experience about excess alcohol consumption and foot issues. Back in the day when I drank too much, my sweat (besides smelly) became so acidic that it ate pits in the soles of my feet. Only a strong antiperspirant could stop it and I did briefly use prescription antiperspirant. When I quit drinking, those issues vanished entirely. It could be post hoc ergo proctor hoc, but I think there is a link.

+1 on the less animal product suggestion.

+1 on using alum block on the feet after shower.

These two changes worked miracles for my father, who for the longest time could clear out a room by taking his shoes off!!

I don’t see this question, so I’m going to ask it.

Are you sure you have foot odor? I ask this because when I was on a certain medication, I swore I had BO.But,my wife said that I didn’t, that I smelled fine. Apparently, the drug affected my olfactory organs in a way that Ithought smelled myself, when in reality it was all in my nose.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Foot odor started for me when I started team sports and showering in humid, not too clean, tiled showers in high school. Picked up the foot fungus I have 45 years later. Should have stayed with the individual sports I went back to after a couple years; fencing and bicycle racing. What works for me:

1. Barefoot. One upside of the pandemic is I rarely have to put shoes on while working. Oh, sure -- it's also a farm and I go outside and do work, usually wearing work boots. But in the house, I'm always barefoot. Keeps the floors cleaner, too.

2. Wool socks. I usually buy a couple packages of Kirkland wool-blend (Merino) socks from Costco every year. Merino wool is less prickly than some other wools, if you have problems with itchy socks. I wear them year-round. Use a laundry detergent with baking soda, and as much as possible dry the socks on a clothesline outside. UV kills fungus.

3. Switch off shoes regularly. As in: wear a pair for a day and put them somewhere airy to dry for up to a week. I ain't Imelda Marcos but I have a few pairs of shoes. Enough for what I do. I have work shoes and shoes for doing hard work, shoes for dressy and some for attitude.

Those things will all help. Can't say too much about "lifestyle choices" but I *will* say it's a good idea not to change too many things at once. Change one thing/habit and let it sit for a few weeks, then evaluate. Otherwise you'll never know what works or doesn't.

O.H.

I used to work in an aluminium smelter 12 hour shifts where it got to 54 Celsius in the summer in the work area. I used this stuff in my boots & it helped bigly with the foot funk, eh?
shopping.jpg

Top Bottom