What's new

Food Lion Brand Blades and Family Dollar Blades

Hey Guys,

I know this topic has probably been beaten to death in here... but the search didn't really come up with anything conclusive.

Bought some DE blades from FoodLion = 1,50 or so for a 5pack (Made in Vietnam)... Family Dollar has the same for a buck... also Made in Vietnam. The Blade Bank is almost identical but you can see that the plastic used is slightly discoloured and the mold it came from must have been in use longer because the contours on the ridges are washed out (I'm a plastics guy... I notice:001_smile

Also got the SE blades from FoodLion. These are Made in South Korea and are labeled to fit all SE Razors... (haven't put a micrometer to them yet to see if they are the .009's or the .012 HD scraper type... hope to do that next weekend at work.

Here is the Question:

Who makes the Vietnam blades???

The South Korea might be Dorco's... but there are several manufacturers that have set up shop in SOuth Korea now..

Same with Vietnam... Dorco has a plant there, so does Kai... and Gillette too... soooo... anybody have an idea??

I do have to say the DE blades from FoodLion are useable... I've had worst shaves and if in a pinch I'd have no problem using them (carry-on luggage kinda deal)... just the SE blades were a bit tuggy to say the least...

If anybody has an idea... please... I'm courious :biggrin1:

They are usable...no doubt. But definitely not my favorite. Good to know that you can get a cheap blade locally in case you do need one. Even when made in Vietnam :wink2:

The Dollar Store here, well, sometimes the packages say Made in Korea, and other times they say Made in Vietnam. It's a safe bet that these are both Dorco products, simply because they evidently have factories in both nations, and it wouldn't make sense for the Dollar Store to have contracts with two different companies to supply this product.

I have noticed that store brand razors are mostly made either in Vietnam as the ones I bought from Dollar General (I am sure they are Dorcos) also they are sold at K-Mart as well. I picked up some Israeli made Personnas from a local HyVee and I also noticed that they are the Walgreens store brand as well. My question is because they are "generic" blades do we think they perform less than their name brand counterparts?

Top Bottom