What's new

Food for the masters

Well I’m a huge masters fan so I decided to channel my inner southern Georgia chef and cranked up the following from scratch for today.

Pimento cheese spread with the following
-cream cheese
-shredded sharp cheddar
-mayo
-cayenne seasoning
-onion powder
-garlic powder
-salt and pepper
-pimento

Egg salad
-Mayo
-garlic
-salt and pepper
-relish
-tarter sauce
-yellow mustard
FBF7E8C8-E8BE-401A-9E41-8250DFB16CBA.jpeg

When I introduced my wife to pimento cheese she fell in love. lucki it’s not available pre made or she would buy it all the time.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
When I introduced my wife to pimento cheese she fell in love. lucki it’s not available pre made or she would buy it all the time.

Don't move to the South, then. You'll not only find pre-made, but you'll likely find four different kinds.

I’ve always been curious if their eggs salad sandwiches are as good as they say they are

So for $150 you can get a catering kit from the masters shipped to your door that includes enough food for 10-12 people, it includes pimento cheese, egg salad, pulled pork, chips, and cookies and of course the signature green masters plastic cups. I totally missed the ordering window, however next year it will be something that I will more then likely take part in.

the guys from Bar Stool sports have done a few reviews on the egg salad and they all say it's the best. I think it's the fact that you can get it for $1.50 a sandwich that makes it "so awesome". You can eat and drink like a king at the masters for $20 a day.....and that's epic! My life goal is to go to the masters for a final Sunday.

I'm very much into cooking and making food at home, as cooking is really a hobby for me more then anything and I enjoy the different twists and turns dishes and food can take on when you start doing a dash of this and a dash of that.

I'm actually going to start writing my cook book soon. Stay tuned for more!

My favorite Masters food is their chicken breast sandwich and the ham & cheese but it’s all good and certainly a bargain. If you really want to enjoy pimento cheese, try it with pork rinds as dipping tools.

My favorite Masters food is their chicken breast sandwich and the ham & cheese but it’s all good and certainly a bargain. If you really want to enjoy pimento cheese, try it with pork rinds as dipping tools.

It sounds like you have been to the masters then? like I said I'm all about trying to go one time, it's on my bucket list.

Yeah. Grew up in Augusta so was able to go a number of times. Actually worked the scoreboards when I was in high school. Wish you luck in getting to go. It’s a special place.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Don't move to the South, then. You'll not only find pre-made, but you'll likely find four different kinds.

Yup...SWMBO picked this up. She likes the jalapeno flavor but they didn't have any in stock today.

And kudos to Japan for the Masters win.

1618271433596.png

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
And kudos to Japan for the Masters win.

Omedetoo, Matsuyama-san. Omedetoo, gozaimasu.

Did anyone else catch his caddy bowing to the course? Talk about a moving moment. I'll remember that much longer than any pimento cheese sandwich I'll ever have.

Top Bottom