What's new

Folsom & Co. Aftershave

Curious to know if anyone out there has tried Folsom & Co.? Especially interested in feedback on their Capri scent and the Shambala. I heard the Shambala is on the fruity side and is a good match with Caitie's Bubble's Tonsorial, but the Capri sounds similar to PAA Gondolier? Any thoughts?

Just recently got a sample of Shambala and I agree, it does smell somewhat fruity, but has a sharp/bright note thats very refreshing. No idea how it pairs with Tonsorial though.

I have a bottle of Shambala and like it a lot. It does have a light fruity note, specifically citrus, a hint of vetiver, and a subtle menthol. It's fresh and a makes great summer scent. It has a simple ingredient list a la Fine Accouterments: Alcohol, water, fragrance, menthol.

I haven't tried Capri yet but it sounds interesting.

I don't have any Catie's Bubble's soaps, but Shambala pairs nicely with Stirling Grapefruit.

--Bob

I own the Capri and it's great! The scent is Italian citrus with some light florals and perhaps a tiny bit of sandalwood. It smells very similar to RR Xxx which I believe is based on Aqua di Parma. As an aftershave is light and refreshing on the face. It's not greasy or sticky, and it leaves my face feeling cold and toned. Scent is really light which I prefer. I get gentle hints of it as the day goes on, but it's in no way overpowering or loud! I reccomend snagging a bottle if you like that Italian citrus vibe. It's good stuff!

I know it's not either of those, but my wife bought me the Black Powder because she didn't like the classics like Clubman and OS. I think I will always have a bottle of it....she likes it, and I like it, lasts a long time, and still manly enough for me.

I own the Capri and it's great! The scent is Italian citrus with some light florals and perhaps a tiny bit of sandalwood. It smells very similar to RR Xxx which I believe is based on Aqua di Parma. As an aftershave is light and refreshing on the face. It's not greasy or sticky, and it leaves my face feeling cold and toned. Scent is really light which I prefer. I get gentle hints of it as the day goes on, but it's in no way overpowering or loud! I reccomend snagging a bottle if you like that Italian citrus vibe. It's good stuff!

One more observation I found with Capri. It seems to me to have more of a lemon citrus note to me than an orange one that I sense in Razorock XXX and Fine's Italian Citrus.

I am a huge fan of F&C aftershaves! I have samples of each scent. The Capri has a strong citrus scent (lemon-orange perhaps), the Shambala has a more floral-fruity scent that I prefer over the Capri. My favorite scent of theirs is Muir. It has a strange mysterious scent, their Black Powder is also great as well.

Top Bottom