What's new

Foie Gras

Foie Gras?

• Delicious

• Cruel

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've never eaten it and I never will. Just like I won't eat veal, battery eggs or factory farmed chicken. I have enough on my concience already without adding animal torture. What you guys do is up to you.

Last edited:
For me it's a simple matter of eating meat versus eating guts. I can handle eating muscle from pretty much anything. Reptiles, amphibians, birds, fish, it's all good. The closest I'll get to eating guts is the natural casing of a good hot dog or bratwurst. The bloated guts of a bird will never be as appealing to me as a delicious steak.

Birds are generally too stupid to understand and accept the unwritten contract of "Be happy that I'm feeding and in exchange you're going to die early" that is animal farming. Farming birds will always seem cruel as a result.

Last edited:
Its both delicious and cruel - I love the stuff and my rationalization is that if geese had larger brains and opposable thumbs, they'd not hesitate to turn our livers into a yummy snack.

I'm fortunate in that I have access to good Quebec foie gras, as well as the French stuff.

Priceless!

Top Bottom