What's new

Focus R48

Hello all anyone tried this razor? what do you think of it?? I am interested in it but i hear so much both ways about it that im afraid to spend that much and then hate it... thanks in advance...

I love it. Shave with it daily. And, for me, provides the best combination of comfort and closeness of all that I have tried.
However, if you are into wet shaving because you like mastering tools and technique, this will not be for you: it is too "easy" as it is much like a cartridge experience with the pivoting head. For me, it is the face feel when I walk out the door that is the goal and this delivers.
I have since upgraded to the R50 and like it even better.

EDIT: When I have time and I feel the need, I do use open blade, SE, and traditional DE razors. I sometimes get better results with these than the R48/50 but rarely. I don't put enough time into them to have a consistent technique whereas I use the R50 pretty much daily.

I love it. Shave with it daily. And, for me, provides the best combination of comfort and closeness of all that I have tried.
However, if you are into wet shaving because you like mastering tools and technique, this will not be for you: it is too "easy" as it is much like a cartridge experience with the pivoting head. For me, it is the face feel when I walk out the door that is the goal and this delivers.
I have since upgraded to the R50 and like it even better.

EDIT: When I have time and I feel the need, I do use open blade, SE, and traditional DE razors. I sometimes get better results with these than the R48/50 but rarely. I don't put enough time into them to have a consistent technique whereas I use the R50 pretty much daily.
Thanks for the response

Top Bottom