What's new

Focus Dynamic SE Razor

Those are both excellent razors. I tend to break a blade and then mount one in each of those razors for two shaves each. Very different experience, but same extremely smooth results. I've heard some guys say there Focus Dynamic is a little loose such that the blade moves if they're not careful. My experience with mine has been the opposite - it's a booger to get in there because it's so tight, but once it's mounted, I could drop it from a third story window and the blade wouldn't move.
I agree. My second shave was better than my first. It’s a nice razor, something different, and unlike the Core I don’t need overly expensive blades. Instead, I can use any of the hundreds of DE blades I already have. [emoji3]

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I received my green one last week and as an oneblade user the first shave was pretty straight forward.
With a derby premium or a Gillette black it gives an easy peasy dfs allmost bbs. It falls between a core and a Genesis in that respect. Not as close as a good de with the same Blade.
Blade feel feedback etc a lot like oneblade. But its head accepting half de Blades is its Achilles heel. It lacks guides in the top plate which would prevent misalignment while closing the razor head. And since the Blade wants to slide outwards and sidewards you end up with a boxcutter. Which if you do not notice Will mess you up because you need a bit of pressure on this to shave.
It also favores a bit thinner lather and might clogg.
But if you take proper care and do it right this razor Will reward you with an easy peasy shave instead!

OK fourth shave and it was better then the last three.
I must be getting better at using it.
I can feel a little stubble but that's my fault.
I missed it when I was shaving.
It was a two pass with some clean up.
I have one nick that is my fault.
I have some burning right now as my technique isn't matching the razors abilities.
I like this razor.
It's not the Gem 1912 ... Wow where have you been all my life shave.
I used a Feather FHS - 10 SS blade with it.
The blade and the razor was the first time I have shaved with anything like it.
The first venture in to this crazy world of SE razors was with a OneBlade Core v1.
I did not like it but I think they have changed it enough that my opinion might change.
Well I'm trying to decide now on the next blade.
Astra, Red Persona or a Feather.
I'm leaning towards the Astra.

I was wondering if anyone has tried the ROCNEL P razor ?
Try the KAI

My Focus R48 arrived yesterday and I am suffering from razor burn today. I was half way through my shave before I got the drift on how to use it. I will try again soon. It has to be handled in a VERY DIFFERENT fashion to almost everything else out there.

If this is of any help:
- requires slickness, not so much cushioning (but as long as the lather is fluffy rather than dense, it's fine)
- unless slickness is in excess, buffing might not be a good idea, as the razor head can start skipping in a rather annoying way - single pass strokes, like those that can be seen in many cart commercials, seem to work best here

What is the overall consensus of this razor? Is it worth it? Are blades very hard to load? Does it compare to the OB Core?

My core (nor my Genesis) get lot of work since i have the focus it outshaves the core easy
I Will get a second focus just in case they might stop making them.
With some care Blade swap is easy. And you need care for a core Blade too Else you might cut the plastic guards!
The great thing I can now shave a week with a bic blade without issues. The core 2 days!
Oh and blades for a focus are easy to get on holidays!

What is the overall consensus of this razor? Is it worth it? Are blades very hard to load? Does it compare to the OB Core?

Are you buying one? I'd be curious to see how you like it. It was not for me. A lot of guys like it but I was not one of them.
See my post #69.

agree on that point when I go back to a de (black beauty, futul, Parker) I have to be extra concentrated. But I will get a closer shave with that mindfulness Sunday de shave.

I agree with that 100%.
I’m debating it , but honestly with the shave prep I have learned over the past year , I get my best closest shaves from the new Gillette Fusion 3 blade razors with the sharper blades. I just have 49 feather blades and an old Gillette tech that I don’t have much use for now so I’m a little hesitant to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
I bought a second hand black one from someone in the forums and had a BBS 3 pass shave with several small weepers and a scant account of razor burn, mostly under my left jawline. I was very careful with my technique but recognize that it will take some time to be more perfect with the different method of applying pressure compared to other razors. However, now today I realize that I had my half black Derby premium blade upside down with the curve going the wrong way - I don't know how I missed that! I wonder how the next shave will be?? [emoji848] Maybe I won't have the weepers? It seems to be a pretty efficient razor though.

Josh

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I was considering buying one of these, but DE blades simply don't compare to SE blades, particularly the Schick Proline and GEM SS PTFE.

Can't bring myself to buy a SE that uses DE blades.

I was considering buying one of these, but DE blades simply don't compare to SE blades, particularly the Schick Proline and GEM SS PTFE.

Can't bring myself to buy a SE that uses DE blades.
You could just lightly relax the screws and use injector blades in this one. :)

You could just lightly relax the screws and use injector blades in this one. :)

I saw that earlier in this post. I love the Schick Proline blade, which comes in injector length, but I'll stick with the AC Schick Proline, unless ATT makes a SE1 with the Schick Proline injector size blade.

My daughter gave me one of these razors. I watched Superior Shaves about 3 times before I unboxed it. I have had no problems with loading or shaving with this razor, but I followed the video instructions to a tee.

Regards, Ron

I've bought one of the bay a few days ago. The vendor said he'd had it for no more than 2 weeks but he couldn't get used to it. So for £25 to my door I thought why not. It arrived today and I shaved with it using a vintage sheffield stainless blade. Had no issues at all. Watched a few vids on you tube and read a few reviwes. Just couldnt quite get under my nose at first but persistance paid off. I got a close comfy shave with no weepers or nicks. As other have said a wetter lather is better so I can see canned goo being possibly better or maybe a shave oil as well.

I had only used mine a couple of times when I got it, it was then left abandoned in the back of a drawer. Dug it out again this week, and have had two great shaves over the last few days. I still find the blade loading to be very fiddly, and I feel like I have to be constantly rinsing it, but it does deliver on the shave front.

Sent from my XT1685 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom