What's new

Focus Dynamic R50

Well to me it doesn't matter. What matters is the finish shave. For that the Schick adjustable is the winner. I will say that I'm using an O clone with 7 shaves on it now. I'm surprise I end up with the same outcome with it as I do with my adjustable for now. When I use the adjustable I start off with a 1 first round then 3 for second with and last pass. Then I move the starting number from 1 to 3 etc. When it starts to seem like it needs to cut closer I move it up again. Maybe I will use it like I do the O clone. I think start off at three and just use that until it needs to change. I've gotten three months of shaving every other day on one twin blade. Maybe I wil get more doing it this way. When the blade in the O clone needs to be change then I will go to the adjustable again to try it out.

I have got both r50 and r48 and the r50 is a bit more aggressive and has a better glide. Depending what you are used to the r50 is tail heavy balanced (which I do not like much) the r48 is more balanced. Could be that tolerances are a bit of squeezing the blade more outwards on the r50. Still nice razors. The r48 is not to picky which blade I use so will be a nice travel razor too.

Ow if you want to make them more agressive use a kai blade this gives a tad more blade exposure. But carefull if you have to much or tilted by mistake it is butcher day.
using an angled instead of straight down Gilette technique helps too

Top Bottom