What's new

Foam cooler A/C: improvements?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
You could freeze water bottles or milk jugs filled with water. No evaporation concerns to raise the humidity.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
You could freeze water bottles or milk jugs filled with water. No evaporation concerns to raise the humidity.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Thanks. We also have numerous blue ice things, which I believe could be set up like baffles...

AA

I freeze salt water in 2 liter coke bottles for my camping food cooler. Keeps the food dry and cold. Chest coolers get colder than fridge/freezers. It has to freeze solid as the phase change is what is important.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This. Dry ice is a hazard in a vehicle.

Edit: I didn’t read the whole thread and see the other warnings, sorry to be redundant.
No, it's appreciated!

I've been making blocks with salt in a silicone bread pan and saving them...

AA

I dont see blocks of frozen water or anything else lasting two days. Sure, they will last two days in an enclosed, sealed cooler, but the fan in the homemade AC is pulling all the cold out and dispersing it into the air....Theres a reason why your dad was always yelling at you to quit opening the cooler when you were a kid...lol.

There are a lot of ways to deal with the brutal heat. But doing it outdoors is very difficult. In summer, I rarely go outside without need, only in the evening when the heat is gone. At work, we have a lot of air conditioners, which save us. A few years ago, I bought an air conditioner for my home. It is a natural paradise. The air conditioner can cool the whole house with ease. Every year I go to these guys airconservicingsingapore.com to get my air conditioner cleaned. My friends advised me to do it more often to keep the air conditioner from breaking down and working as efficiently as possible.

Top Bottom