What's new

Flying with croap

Hey everyone. First, I apologize if this has been covered before. I did a cursory search and came up empty.

Does anyone have any experience taking a croap through airport security in your carry on? I'm taking a trip soon and would like to take one of my croaps, but I won't be checking my bags and wanted to see if anyone had experience with whether the TSA considers croap to be a liqud or not.

Thanks in advance.

I have flown carry-on with a tub of Proraso Red without trouble. It is not a liquid so I assume it falls into the non-liquid category. I do not work for the TSA, however.

I would tend to agree with the above, but I wouldn't be surprised if an overzealous TSA employee seized it.

That's what I'd hoped. I know it can vary depending on the TSA agents working that day, but at least some have had success, so that builds a little confidence for me.

That's what I'd hoped. I know it can vary depending on the TSA agents working that day, but at least some have had success, so that builds a little confidence for me.

Just don't engage in a debate regarding the meaning of croap with a TSA agent.

Can you say "cavity search"? :001_smile

Pastes are subject to the 3 oz rule. A croap could be considered to be a paste, so I'd only fly with one in a carry-on bag if it were in a container that holds less than 3 oz.

Last edited:
I have never had an issue with taking a croap through TSA. I also think that it varies based on who the agent is, so wouldn't take anything you are too worried about losing. Some times I am given a rough time for packing a DE without blades and other times it is not noticed. Recently, I accidentally packed a quart jar of brined olives in our carry on instead of our checked bag. The TSA agent said that because it was partially solids it did not fall under the 3oz rule and let us through. I was grateful at the time but also a little worried as I know there was way more than 3oz of liquid in that jar.

I've accidentally left blades in my Dopp kit and been let through with no issue, and I've had tubs of hard hair wax thrown out because the agent considered them somehow less than solid.

Moral of the story? Depends on the agent and the day, could go either way

Top Bottom