What's new

Flying a plane apparently is not that hard

At terminal velocity, I'm not sure it matters much.
Eh, no need to get suicidal early. Engage auto pilot, make sure it isn't in climb or descend. It will likely maintain airspeed without needing to be throttled back if it's mid flight. You just turn the dials, enter, enter and you have programmed a slow controlled rate of descent. Now all you have to do is either put in way points or steer toward open yoghurt and prepare to bail out. Like miracle on the Hudson, but a powered ditching. It has the highest rate of survival.

The More You Know

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Eh, no need to get suicidal early. Engage auto pilot, make sure it isn't in climb or descend. It will likely maintain airspeed without needing to be throttled back if it's mid flight. You just turn the dials, enter, enter and you have programmed a slow controlled rate of descent. Now all you have to do is either put in way points or steer toward open yoghurt and prepare to bail out. Like miracle on the Hudson, but a powered ditching. It has the highest rate of survival.

The More You Know
LOL.. I hope to never be in that situation....

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The fact they they had a flight instructor on the other side of the radio is just astounding to me.
1652855284274.png

The passenger that landed the plane may ... have some other job or life experience that has taught him to behave in this manner when under pressure.
1652855326532.png

Engage auto pilot ... You just turn the dials

A good Otto Pilot will turn the dials for you.
1652855432914.png

LOL.. I hope to never be in that situation....

1652855500512.png

Top Bottom