What's new

Fly Tying

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Size 18 Adams
fullsizeoutput_5a7.jpeg

Some incredible stuff here! I don't fly fish, but occasionally buy some when stopping by the tackle store. Haven't used them, but thought they were so cool.

Some incredible stuff here! I don't fly fish, but occasionally buy some when stopping by the tackle store. Haven't used them, but thought they were so cool.
They make great bluegill bait when tossed on a conventional tackle setup 👍. Get a couple bubble floats that can be filled with water or even a standard float. Just have to have something to add a bit of weight to cast em. I also like to stop the cast right before touches the water to let the fly roll back in front of the weight or float.

They make great bluegill bait when tossed on a conventional tackle setup 👍. Get a couple bubble floats that can be filled with water or even a standard float. Just have to have something to add a bit of weight to cast em. I also like to stop the cast right before touches the water to let the fly roll back in front of the weight or float.
I've tried this method before, but didnt invest enough time on it. But I shall revisit it in the future when I have more time to fish. Fishing locally I prefer drop shot rigging with plastics

I've tried this method before, but didnt invest enough time on it. But I shall revisit it in the future when I have more time to fish. Fishing locally I prefer drop shot rigging with plastics
Could try drop shotting the flies too. Thats something I've wanted to try but most of my spots aren't well suited for the drop shot.

Could try drop shotting the flies too. Thats something I've wanted to try but most of my spots aren't well suited for the drop shot.
I believe I tried that as well at some point, wind was always the issue. As a long time-but off and on swimbait fisher, tossing anything under 1oz was tough for me.

I believe I tried that as well at some point, wind was always the issue. As a long time-but off and on swimbait fisher, tossing anything under 1oz was tough for me.
Definitely can understand that. I came from the other direction. Started with fly fishing and moved to more ultralight convention stuff. Even normal bass lure sizes still seem huge to me haha.

Ultralight is just as fun as heavy bass fishing imo. My adrenaline get's going when trying to land a 6lb fish on 2lb test. That fight took me longer than my pb 9lb 14oz Large mouth Bass on 25lb mono and a 8oz swimbait.

I've heard about others using the drop shot or similar method with a fly- Just wish it's wasn't super windy 90% of the time I fish.

Top Bottom