What's new

Fly Tying

Flies from tonight 👍

20191227_222921.jpg

20191227_223056.jpg

20191227_223416.jpg

20191227_223443.jpg

Learning a new pattern 👍. I believe it is called a comparadun. Work in progress haha. Interested to see how they fish around here.

20200101_222435.jpg

20200101_222414.jpg

20200101_222457.jpg

20200101_222610.jpg

20200101_222649.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Nice comparaduns Mark. I struggle with them quite a bit and have to tie a lot of them to get into the swing of them. I assume you have the the tightlines videos by Tim Flagler on Youtube? He has a great comparadun instructional video. Your emergers look really great! The trout around here would love those.

Nice comparaduns Mark. I struggle with them quite a bit and have to tie a lot of them to get into the swing of them. I assume you have the the tightlines videos by Tim Flagler on Youtube? He has a great comparadun instructional video. Your emergers look really great! The trout around here would love those.

Thanks a bunch! I do believe I watched his video on them but I'm definitely going to revisit it.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I know it is not tying related, but I have been collecting some Hardys. Here is part of the collection, along with a Battenkill thrown in. Each has its own dedicated boo rod. To keep on topic, there are some bass poppers in the lower left.
fullsizeoutput_49d.jpeg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Looking really good. What is your post material? Poly? Do you put your whip finish on the post or the hook eye?

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Nice, Mark- they kind of have a stimulator vibe to them. I need to get on the vise, I have been busy lately. Still a bunch of empty spaces in the trout boxes.

Nice, Mark- they kind of have a stimulator vibe to them. I need to get on the vise, I have been busy lately. Still a bunch of empty spaces in the trout boxes.

I agree. Always thought they resembled a stimulator. Fun to tie too. I've been in a bit of a lull myself as well. Spent more time sitting at the desk staring at materials trying to figure out what to tie than actually tying haha.

Top Bottom