Fly Tying

More with the same materials.

20190824_185844.jpg

20190824_204237.jpg

20190824_214022.jpg

20190824_221301.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Nice work Mark! The season is coming to a close, so I will have to inventory the boxes and spend some time at the vise soon.

Nice work Mark! The season is coming to a close, so I will have to inventory the boxes and spend some time at the vise soon.

Thanks a bunch! Enjoy the tying!

Ours is getting closer to starting up. It is usually far too hot in the summer. Been focusing on warm water species. But the temps and water temps are starting the lower a little bit so I'll be tying and fishing for trout again shortly. I've gone a little overboard collecting different hackles for dries and soft hackle flies haha. I still haven't tied a traditional dry doh! Hoping to change that very soon.

Also going to take a stab at building a few rods in the near future. Dropped off one to a local builder just today and he was kind enough to give me some instruction and sold me a wrapping stand/thread carriage. Very excited to try my hand at tying dries as well as the rod building!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You gents are making me want to learn to fly fish! I live in quite possibly the best part of the world for it: Michigan!

Dude, I ain't trying to be nice when I say you could sell those. VERY well done!

Haha thanks! Pictures can hide a multitude of mistakes haha.

Tied some other elk hair caddis this afternoon and one other dry. Going to take some practice getting the proportions right but it is a start.

20191002_205441.jpg

20191002_205414.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Great work, love to see dry flies! I think an adams and an EHC would see me through 90% of my dry fly fishing. I tried smaller (16 and 18) sized caddis this year and had great results. I have not been on the vise much lately, but during winter I will have to fill all the spaces in my boxes after the ones I sent into the trees this year.

Great work, love to see dry flies! I think an adams and an EHC would see me through 90% of my dry fly fishing. I tried smaller (16 and 18) sized caddis this year and had great results. I have not been on the vise much lately, but during winter I will have to fill all the spaces in my boxes after the ones I sent into the trees this year.

Thanks a bunch! The elk hair caddis is by far my favorite dry. I like the adams and blue wing olive as well. Kinda scared to tie them down to 18 haha. Locally I tend to stick to 12-18. Probably 14 the most.

Top Bottom