What's new

Fly Tying

Some mop flies from last night. Also I got an actual tying desk. Wasn't looking for it but happened to find it at a customer's house who was getting rid of it.

20190224_232427.jpg

20190224_154456.jpg

Got the vise base project done and did some test flies on it. Some panfish candy for a friend. Also got some more pecan wood to make a tying tool stand.

20190307_182905.jpg

20190307_182953.jpg

20190309_133050.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I like it, especially the burn of the fish. Did you add anything to the base to make it heavier? Are those magnets in the base? I might have posted this before, but here is my station.
fullsizeoutput_3f1.jpeg

I like it, especially the burn of the fish. Did you add anything to the base to make it heavier? Are those magnets in the base? I might have posted this before, but here is my station.View attachment 961056

Wow very nice station!

Yep two magnets sunk the top for keeping hooks from running off. I did end up adding some weight. I wasn't going to at first but decided to as apposed to not and finding I needed it later. I counter sunk and epoxied six 6oz weights I grabbed from a local fishing shop into the bottom. Estimated weight without the vise is around 4-5lbs I believe.

20190225_204200.jpg

Starting to feel a little more human again lol. Flu is almost gone. Tied these this afternoon. Size 8 for panfish and size 4 for bass

20190405_180509.jpg

20190405_180536.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Mark, the panfish won't stand a chance! Nice ties.
I have been depressed lately as the rivers are high and muddy, no real chance at getting after the steelhead. I have the week off, but can't fish. The regular trout season is coming up soon though, so I thought I would tie up some size 14 goddard caddis. I really like fishing this pattern, but do not love tying them so much.
fullsizeoutput_429.jpeg

Mark, the panfish won't stand a chance! Nice ties.
I have been depressed lately as the rivers are high and muddy, no real chance at getting after the steelhead. I have the week off, but can't fish. The regular trout season is coming up soon though, so I thought I would tie up some size 14 goddard caddis. I really like fishing this pattern, but do not love tying them so much. View attachment 971100
I know the feeling. Going through fishing withdrawals myself lol. Been raining each weekend and now I have multiple easter egg hunts to go to with the kiddo doh.

Good looking flies though! One of these days I've got to try spinning hair. Been trying to get back into the routine I was in a few months ago haha. Getting there slowly.

I got off early today and was able to tie some. Size 6 James wood bucktail flies and a craft fur streamer.

20190419_145710.jpg

20190419_163612.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Really getting skunked this year. Must be doing something wrong. In anticipation of mayfly season, I have been doing some extended bodies. This size 14 has a synthetic shaving brush tail. I still need to trim it up some.
fullsizeoutput_42d.jpeg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
After putting so many comparaduns in the trees last night, I needed to refill my box. They are harder to tie than it appears. I am trying to get a better 180 degree fan on the deer hair. Size 14. Last night several of them were also munched by brown trout.
fullsizeoutput_45a.jpeg

Top Bottom