What's new

Fly Tying

Tied these up last night.

20190121_220310.jpg

20190121_223735.jpg

This one was from a few months ago. I forgot to add it here.

20181116_191617.jpg

Last edited:
Nice flies, Mark. Does the minnow have a skull or is it all UV resin? The giant eye is cool.
Uv resin for the head. Its a baby fat minnow with some substitutions. The tail is marabou, the red gill is sparkle scrubby yarn from a hobby shop, the green back and white belly are brushed out acrylic yarn. Turned out pretty neat. Hoping to tie alot more streamers this coming year :thumbup:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Tie that in a hot Coral with a few strips of red Crystal Flash on the sides and the Steelhead would be fighting over it in a river I fish. I use to tie a red Crystal Flash streamer, without eyes, on a #8 Tiemco. A trout magnet in big fast water.

Tie that in a hot Coral with a few strips of red Crystal Flash on the sides and the Steelhead would be fighting over it in a river I fish. I use to tie a red Crystal Flash streamer, without eyes, on a #8 Tiemco. A trout magnet in big fast water.
Neat! No stealhead in my area sadly. Wish I had some other colors in this haha. It is some leftover fake hair from when my wife was in cosmetology school years ago :lol:. I have some other stuff that may work ok but it is a bit more relaxed and less wirey.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Nice work, Mark. I always have to mess around a lot with the biots on a prince to get them to look right. Can't argue with how well they work though, so it is worth it. Your box is filling up! I've been doing midges today. Size 22-26.
fullsizeoutput_40e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_40a.jpeg

Nice work, Mark. I always have to mess around a lot with the biots on a prince to get them to look right. Can't argue with how well they work though, so it is worth it. Your box is filling up! I've been doing midges today. Size 22-26.View attachment 949216View attachment 949217

The prince has been the most effective nymph I've used since starting to fly fish. It still makes up a large portion of the nymphs in my box :thumbup:. I have had issues with the biots before in the past as well but this lot went pretty smoothly. Surprisingly so haha. I even got to tying the biots on in pairs which sped things up alot.

I am currently tying to fill a small fly box for a previous customer of my father and I. A while back we wired up his garage and talked fly fishing quite a bit. He gave us all the materials and literature he had for tying. He wasn't able physically to tie anymore. He asked for a few gold ribbed hares ear nymphs in return. I admittedly had forgotten about it for a little while after getting busy (a 2 yr old will do that :lol:). I figured I could do better than just a couple nymphs so I'm filling him a small fly box as a gift :thumbup:. I have 16 more to finish one side. Then on to the other side. The other will go by a little faster. I'm going to put some small streamers and topwater flies.

Top Bottom