What's new

Fly Tying

Nice looking bugs! I love fishing big dries, but have very limited experience out west. That trip sounds awesome. Good luck!

Some from this past week.

"Casual dress" and "teeny nymph"
20180615_145725.jpg

Perdigon nymphs
20180614_235844.jpg

Very nice! I tie/fish with tube flies often. Let me know if you have any questions. Its nice to not need one hook per fly.

Very nice! I tie/fish with tube flies often. Let me know if you have any questions. Its nice to not need one hook per fly.
Thanks! It is certainly a new experience haha. They definately seem to have some good advantages. I'm excited to try them out. Tied a few more playing around this evening.

20180624_230704.jpg

20180624_230724.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Ok, so our rivers have flooded, calmed down, but still no good fishing in the last 4-5 times out. Can't buy a strike. Really discouraged. Tons of miles on the car, really tired out, and not much to show for it. I plan to tie all day tomorrow while it rains some more, and then try to shave with my new straight razor which has also turned in to a discouraging situation. Is it dull or is it my bad technique? I feel like I need new hobbies...

Ok, so our rivers have flooded, calmed down, but still no good fishing in the last 4-5 times out. Can't buy a strike. Really discouraged. Tons of miles on the car, really tired out, and not much to show for it. I plan to tie all day tomorrow while it rains some more, and then try to shave with my new straight razor which has also turned in to a discouraging situation. Is it dull or is it my bad technique? I feel like I need new hobbies...
Fly tying on a rainy day doesn't sound so bad. Don't be too discouraged. When everything falls into place it makes it all worth it :thumbup:

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Very cool looking flies, SJoe!
I experienced my first Hex hatch last night, 1/2 hour after dark. Small river, a sudden hatch, and crazy explosions all around for about 1/2 hour. Hooked two, landed one, very nice brown. Total chaos, casting at noises in total darkness, giant dry flies, super fun! The rises sounded like bowling balls being dropped in the river!
Here is my version of a big size 8 Hex feather extended body. I put extra hackle on them to make sure they are floating when I can't see them!
fullsizeoutput_3b2.jpeg

I experienced my first Hex hatch last night, 1/2 hour after dark. Small river, a sudden hatch, and crazy explosions all around for about 1/2 hour. Hooked two, landed one, very nice brown. Total chaos, casting at noises in total darkness, giant dry flies, super fun! The rises sounded like bowling balls being dropped in the river!
Here is my version of a big size 8 Hex feather extended body. I put extra hackle on them to make sure they are floating when I can't see them!View attachment 895822
Wow sounds like a blast! Nice looking flies as well :thumbup:

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Here is my version of a big size 8 Hex feather extended body. I put extra hackle on them to make sure they are floating when I can't see them!View attachment 895822

Thank you, EB ... those flies of yours are very, very nice.

Trout certainly cast inhibitions to the wind once that sun sets, eh?! As with your latest evening adventure, I’ve had some interesting experiences fishing in the dark ... the most memorable, a not too distant cat -in full cry- that sent us stumbling to the safety of our trucks.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
No doubt! Standing in the river in the darkness, keyed in to every sound seems to magnify anything one hears. Lucky for us, instead of any threatening cat sounds, we had the reassuring whip-poor-rills! And the splashes of trout sound huge in the dark!

20180701_201557.jpg
20180701_201814.jpg

Polka and on the second photograph, the polka with a Green Glade and two Seth Greens. I have only fished the Green Glade and does wonders for pan fish like pumpkinseeds and alike.

Jeff

Top Bottom