What's new

FLU SHOTS ??

Just how safe can it be to inject formaldehyde , a known carcinogen , and liquid mercury , the planet's most toxic metal , into the human body to " lessen" the effects of influenza ???
FLU.jpg

While I am not big on vaccines, most are far better than the viruses. The flu, however, is one that I question, as I believe the body should build its own immunity against it, unless one is particularly susceptibile to it

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Thought they made flu vaccine out of eggs? Oh yeah, I see them in the list also. Anyway...the in-house medical expert (wife is a nurse) says the amount is so small, it does no harm.

Oh please
Not an anti vax thread
Read the science people
There is a lot in support of vaccines. I am not at all against them. I understand there is a risk to having them, but a far greater risk to not having them. I have had the flu shot for years.

I'm over 70 and a slightly younger pharmacist cousin suggested I go with the lower, non-senior dose. Free at most drug stores with medicare, I got that one for a few years without any side effects. I live like a recluse anyway so I haven't bothered the past 3-4 years. My wife, a few years younger than me, had a severe reaction to the nationwide swine flu shot in '76(?) and refuses to ever get another.

Just how safe can it be to inject formaldehyde , a known carcinogen , and liquid mercury , the planet's most toxic metal , into the human body to " lessen" the effects of influenza ???View attachment 931906

You might as well ask how safe is it to inject the body with a saline solution. The issue is one of quantity. How much formaldehyde and how much mercury? If you have an issue with any amount of mercury, you need to get your fillings changed. Oh, and avoid plywood and chipboard. Formaldehyde, you know.

While I am not big on vaccines, most are far better than the viruses. The flu, however, is one that I question, as I believe the body should build its own immunity against it, unless one is particularly susceptibile to it

There is nothing "magic" about building resistance by catching the flu as compared to taking a vaccine. And the flu does kill. This past winter, about 80,000 Americans died from the flu.

I'll take a little flu shot once a year. Every day I probably consume worse things, in higher concentrations, in the food I eat, beverages I drink, and air I breathe.

As a kid in the 1950's, I used to play with mercury (pretty cool stuff), chew tar bubbling up on the street, ignore trucks spraying DDT for mosquitoes and play in swamps with water containing rust colored drums of what was probably hazardous waste. As an adult, my job was inspecting landfills and garbage transfer facilities. Now over 70, I drink too much and haven't had a physical in 6 years. It's all genes and luck of the draw.

One year I skipped my flu shot and I got the flu. It turned into pneumonia and I almost died. I haven't missed a flu shot since and as far as I know I have no symptoms of mercury or formaldehyde poisoning!

You might as well ask how safe is it to inject the body with a saline solution. The issue is one of quantity. How much formaldehyde and how much mercury? If you have an issue with any amount of mercury, you need to get your fillings changed. Oh, and avoid plywood and chipboard. Formaldehyde, you know.
you are correct … had all the mercury pulled out of my mouth 30 years ago....I sleep better now...No laminate flooring in my house , and plywood is Calif. Certified Pure-Bond ….

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never had a flu shot, LOTH pretty much has one every year. I can normally get through Winter fine but I seem to always get the flu at the start of Spring. Go figure.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I had a flu shot one time many years ago...made me sick for a couple of days with flu like symptoms. Didn't get the flu shot again.

But then...I get colds, bronchitis, and related things from time to time but I've never had the flu. I had the usual kid vaccinations though, small pox, measles, etc. Those diseases used to be major killers.

Flu shots probably save a lot of lives.

As a kid in the 1950's, I used to play with mercury (pretty cool stuff), chew tar bubbling up on the street, ignore trucks spraying DDT for mosquitoes and play in swamps with water containing rust colored drums of what was probably hazardous waste. As an adult, my job was inspecting landfills and garbage transfer facilities. Now over 70, I drink too much and haven't had a physical in 6 years. It's all genes and luck of the draw.

The mosquito trucks! The fog man! All the kids on the block used to run behind them. I lost track of the kids in the old neighborhood. I wonder how many of us have...

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

Oh yeah, remember the thermometers you stick under your tongue that had mercury in them to register your temperature? Last one I had I dropped in the sink and it broke. Can't find them anymore. Oh well, the forehead scan ones are quicker...don't have to wait a few minutes to get a reading.

I haven't had a physical in years either, but I was in the hospital last year for a reaction I had from meds. a Doc. gave me for blood pressure...put my sodium level down so low it was at high risk of stroke. With all the scans and blood work I had there was no sign of heart disease, kidneys are good and so is prostate, sodium level is back to normal now after I got off the meds., and had my one and only colon scan...that scan was good, no problems.

I still haven't taken a flu shot, even though they are free. YMMV.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thank you. I started getting the flu vaccine 9 years ago. Prior to that I got the flu every year (I’m a smoker). Since I started getting them, once or twice a year I have gotten flu like symptoms a couple times a year. It lasts a few hours. Then my body adjusts. Beats feeling like hammered dog waste for three or more days.

I used to catch the flu about every year. As I got older, I noticed it took me a little longer to get over as the years advanced. After one year when I had a bad case that I made worse by trying to work with it (big outage; bad weather), I started taking flu shots. Haven't had the flu since.

As my wife's and my parents aged, us getting flu shots helped to give them some "herd immunity." We also made sure the kids got them. That started after one caught a secondary infection after the flu.

Remember when doctors used to prescribe antibiotics for the flu? All that was for was to prevent secondary infection. That went away to help prevent antibiotic resistance.

How I'm given the shot affects how I feel afterward. Some will administer it with a jab. They hold the needle above the injection site, give two shakes, and nail you on the third. Those will leave a sore arm. Others will ease the needle in, and there's very little pain afterward. Other than that, I've had no other reactions.

Top Bottom