What's new

Flowers and Razors

Oh, I see. Thank you for the explanation.

I think that once I'll have the technique down, I'll be ready to try a new razor.

Today was the 3rd shave with the Treet Classic blade. I thought I used it more, hah. I guess I just got so used to the idea of using it.

I decided to do my legs and part of my bikini with a DE.
I used the sample of the Cella shaving soap with a bowl I had laying around.

I took some soap from the sample container and put it in the bowl. I wet the Omega-S brush, shaked it once and started lathering.

This way the lather was pretty fluffy and I could play with the slickness of the more I used it (because the brush/lather got drier as time passed/I used it up).

I really liked lathering in a bowl as it saved me time. Up until now I lathered directly on my skin but with these samples that just doesn't work as I can't pick enough of the soap from such a small container.

The shave went pretty well, but the blade did skip once or twice when I wasn't paying attention and started with a XTG instead of ATG on my shin. That resulted in a small cut.

There was a bit of irritation on both legs on the same spot which is odd. But it's true that I shaved that spot twice more than usually. So it may be that.

On the bikini I used some Johnson's baby oil witch worked for me before. It did so this time too. I finished with the Cella soap because it takes the oil residue off and I can make sure everything is as smooth as possible. I also used a classic cartridge razor for some hard to reach spot and this time I didn't cut myself with it. So for now I'm pretty happy with this set-up.

Overall today's shave was pretty informative and a big learning experience.
My Treet blade didn't rust and I think the oil shave did it some good. At least I think so.

The Treet Classic blade is so far my favorite. I prefer it to the Bic blade for now.
proxy.php

Today was the 3rd shave with the Treet Classic blade. I thought I used it more, hah. I guess I just got so used to the idea of using it.

I took some soap from the sample container and put it in the bowl. I wet the Omega-S brush, shaked it once and started lathering.

This way the lather was pretty fluffy and I could play with the slickness of the more I used it (because the brush/lather got drier as time passed/I used it up).

I really liked lathering in a bowl as it saved me time. Up until now I lathered directly on my skin but with these samples that just doesn't work as I can't pick enough of the soap from such a small container.

The shave went pretty well, but the blade did skip once or twice when I wasn't paying attention and started with a XTG instead of ATG on my shin. That resulted in a small cut.

There was a bit of irritation on both legs on the same spot which is odd. But it's true that I shaved that spot twice more than usually. So it may be that.

On the bikini I used some Johnson's baby oil witch worked for me before. It did so this time too. I finished with the Cella soap because it takes the oil residue off and I can make sure everything is as smooth as possible. I also used a classic cartridge razor for some hard to reach spot and this time I didn't cut myself with it. So for now I'm pretty happy with this set-up.

My Treet blade didn't rust and I think the oil shave did it some good. At least I think so.

The Treet Classic blade is so far my favorite. I prefer it to the Bic blade for now.
proxy.php

Great report. I have really begun to like the Treet line, especially the black carbon steel. Not as many shaves as the typical contemporary stainless blade but cheap enough and very forgiving.

Thank you!
The Treet Classic surprised me. I'm willing to try some other ones. :D
Great report. I have really begun to like the Treet line, especially the black carbon steel. Not as many shaves as the typical contemporary stainless blade but cheap enough and very forgiving.

Have you ever noticed the blades rusting Lane?

What I do post shave is remove the blade, rinse under hot water then blot it dry between folded tissue. Following that I set it aside and don't place it back in the razor until the next shave. Doing this I've not experienced any issues with rust...blade always looks fine.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
What I do post shave is remove the blade, rinse under hot water then blot it dry between folded tissue. Following that I set it aside and don't place it back in the razor until the next shave. Doing this I've not experienced any issues with rust...blade always looks fine.

:thumbsup:

proxy.php
That lather has too much water in it with all those bubbles. When I use those little samples of soap, I just put it in a bowl and push it down on the bottom of the bowl and load my brush from it there. Sometimes I will bowl lather but I prefer to load (for at least 15 seconds, usually longer) and on to skin to lather up.

Today I used the Treet Classic blade for the 4th time.
I can't believe it's only the 4th time as it felt like it is time to ditch the blade. It didn't tug, it just felt like it didn't shave close enough. I can't really explain and because it did a good job anyway, I'll use it for at least another shave.

The shave was uneventful as I used and did everything I normally do.
What was different is the sample of a shaving soap I used. I used the Captain's Choice - Bay Rum.
Bay_rum.jpg

The scent is not something I'd enjoy and I had quite some troubles getting the lather right on my second leg. On the first one I got the lather completely fine, everything worked and it may have been a bit on the wet side at the beginning. But after a while and with a bit more whisking it was okay. But for my second leg, I just couldn't do it right. It was too watery and then not slick enough and it dissipated in a matter of seconds. I have no idea why as I did the same procedure as with the other leg. I may have used a tad too little of the soap tho. At least I think so. Well, anyway the shave of the first leg was really nice, smooth and fine. The second leg was pretty annoying because of the lather.

The soap is very soft and smooth and it reminds me of a cream. I had to use quite a bit of it to get some decent lather. That was for my first leg, for my second it just didn't work out. But I realized that I can load up a brush and when I think it's empty, just add a bit of water and whisk it in a bowl. And if it produces lather then I know there's still some soap left and I could probably use that one up before adding more soap. If it doesn't produce anything good, then well, I should add more.

But because I don't really like the scent, I think the soap will get a new home. We'll see.

The aftershave routine was the same as always and now I'm using a body yoghurt from The Body Shop as an aftershave lotion. It's just so good and I love using it.

Overall it was an Okay shave but I got quite irritated by the end of it just because of the lather.

Today I used the Treet Classic blade for the 4th time.
I can't believe it's only the 4th time as it felt like it is time to ditch the blade. It didn't tug, it just felt like it didn't shave close enough. I can't really explain and because it did a good job anyway, I'll use it for at least another shave.

The shave was uneventful as I used and did everything I normally do.
What was different is the sample of a shaving soap I used. I used the Captain's Choice - Bay Rum.
View attachment 892961

The scent is not something I'd enjoy and I had quite some troubles getting the lather right on my second leg. On the first one I got the lather completely fine, everything worked and it may have been a bit on the wet side at the beginning. But after a while and with a bit more whisking it was okay. But for my second leg, I just couldn't do it right. It was too watery and then not slick enough and it dissipated in a matter of seconds. I have no idea why as I did the same procedure as with the other leg. I may have used a tad too little of the soap tho. At least I think so. Well, anyway the shave of the first leg was really nice, smooth and fine. The second leg was pretty annoying because of the lather.

The soap is very soft and smooth and it reminds me of a cream. I had to use quite a bit of it to get some decent lather. That was for my first leg, for my second it just didn't work out. But I realized that I can load up a brush and when I think it's empty, just add a bit of water and whisk it in a bowl. And if it produces lather then I know there's still some soap left and I could probably use that one up before adding more soap. If it doesn't produce anything good, then well, I should add more.

But because I don't really like the scent, I think the soap will get a new home. We'll see.

The aftershave routine was the same as always and now I'm using a body yoghurt from The Body Shop as an aftershave lotion. It's just so good and I love using it.

Overall it was an Okay shave but I got quite irritated by the end of it just because of the lather.
Sorry it didn't go so well for you this time. I've found with a lot of my sample soaps/creams they don't seem to perform the same way as the full sized product...no idea why they just don't for me.

@Jill Snoddon oh, that's a shame. I got the samples to see how would a full sized product perform so I'm kind of still hoping they do somewhat compare.

Today I quickly hopped to a small shop in Italy and found they keep some Proraso Green soaps. Well, they had almost the whole green line which was lovely. The most expensive thing was the aftershave splash (about 4€). I was kind of pissed as I bought a full-sized (Sensitive) from a UK store and paid about 6x the price it was in Italy. This shaving soap was 1,79€ and well, it's a steal really.
To forget the bad shave from yesterday I'll give it a go today.

IMG_20180624_122827.jpg

Top Bottom