What's new

Flow Restrictor

Just received my 16.9 bottle of Caron Pour Un Homme! Great! Except orface in bottle (non-atomizer bottle) is larger than I thought. Can anyone recommend where to get a flow restrictor for that bottle? Thanks!

Just received my 16.9 bottle of Caron Pour Un Homme! Great! Except orface in bottle (non-atomizer bottle) is larger than I thought. Can anyone recommend where to get a flow restrictor for that bottle? Thanks!

Congrats on your new, large bottle of smell-good!!
Can you post a pic??

After much fussing about, I think I am about to download a photo of my 16.9 oz Caron Pour Homme alongside my old, 4.2 oz Caron Pour Homme. The newer was about $56, the smaller about $35. Quite a difference! And I found a restrictor through SKS-Bottle.com. View attachment 1166216
IMG_1469.jpeg
IMG_1469.jpeg

And it smells great! Oh, SKS-bottles.com is turning out to be very accommodating. They feature perfume bottles and accessories. They have a great many different sizes of those restricters, and offer free samples. They are sending me a couple gratis to see which one fits.

Edit: I did order the large size and accepted it coming without an atomizer because I am very used to Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood that comes without an atomizer. What I didn't realize with the large Caron is that the hole in the bottle would be as large as it is and that the bottle would be quite that big. Afraid without a restricter I might end up spilling because the bottle is hard to manipulate.

CAUTION!!! Am learning a lot in my quest for an orfice reducer! The diameter of the hole in the bottle is NOT how you measure for the orfice reducer from what I am learning from SKS. You need the "glass finish" size. This is apparently the outside diameter from outer cap thread to outer cap thread across the top of the neck. I can't explain it; I can only encourage anyone interested to actually speak to the vendor if you do not know exactly what you are doing.

Top Bottom